Anyways, I came home from work and we packed up our photography gear and headed out. It took roughly and hour and a half to get there and it was an amazingly easy drive. I'd been excited for quite some time, but mostly this morning. I was excited all day just waiting to get here and check it out. We finally arrived and we found ourselves a parking spot and we jumped out to load our cameras and grab our bags. Not too much longer we were out and about "shooting" this place. It was fun! We were both shooting with film which made for quite the fun. As I told Zach, "I'm usually the machine gunnist... and today I'm going to be the sniper!" And indeed I was. In total I took 30 images. AMAZING! ahhah I normally would have shot hundreds. I did get an arm workout too... You'll soon understand when you see the camera I've invested in. Nonetheless... we had fun. We even ended up in the town next to it called Central City and we've decided that's where we're headed next in our little adventures!
I'm going to stop typing now and let you guys look at SOME of the photos taken today. However, like I said most of our images are shot on film and once they get processed and scanned we'll put those up too! *Sigh* What a day!
**All of the black and white images were shot with my new camera!
Welcome to Nevadaville.

The General store side of the street... if you look closely you can see Zach up close and personal with the window hahah
Here's the side with City Hall ... lol Seriously this is the WHOLE town!! (OH and may I also add that there are still 6 residents in this amazing little town... however, they're rarely seen and we saw 2 of them today OOOooo)







Too bad I didn't have this on a tripod... however, I still think it's a cool shot.
Zach and I loved this little jeep truck!
On our way down the road to the mining area.


My favorite shot!
The entire town hahahha
Old mine all caved in.

After an interesting hike ... we finally found the cemetary and how to get in. Each tombstone had that same symbol on it... hmmm weird? community spirit? idk ... Zach says a cult hahah
The variety of tombstones was so amazing! They were all so extravagent... Zach's favorite was this one that was shaped like a tree. (These all have date of birth in the late 1800's and deaths in the early 1900's). It was amazing to find that they died at such an early age, but after all my wonderful school I knew that... but to actually see it... The oldest we saw was in the early 50's. Tragic. I think the saddest thing I found was a tombstone with everyside a different child of this family. All dying... One made it to 3 months, some a little older and the oldest that one of their children reached was 9. They were also obessed (or maybe it was just a cool thing you did back then), but they had EXACT ages on the tombstones. Literally, it'd say 41 yrs 6 months and 3 days. Weird.
The entire look at the cemetery.
So, on our drive there we see this sign saying there's a buffalo lookout. We decided we'd check that out on our way out and well guess what? We passed it so we flipped around and then guess what? lol we missed it again, but don't worry folks we got it the 3rd time...it really is the charm! hahaha




What a great Saturday!
XoXo
(Still waiting for Zach to come up to school and scan in his negatives!)
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment