Sunday, July 25, 2010

Meet Butters!

Week 2 is over and I'm almost done with week 3! I can't believe how quick these weeks are going! Where does the time go?! It's really flying now that I literally have no time to myself let alone to rest... I'm either at the Air Force, school, shooting, or editing. I'm loving how things are going, I just wish I could get some more rest because I've been feeling a little run down since the end of the first week. Last week, I was running on an average of 5 hrs of sleep each night and I'm one of those people who needs at least 8 so needless to say I probably haven't been the easiest to be around lol

Here are the two shoots I did during week 2 ... Abby and Brooke and Karen. I have yet to edit the shoot I did Sunday morning, but I'm pleased with each of them.

Brooke and Abby.


Karen.


Other than that, I've barely seen the boys. Usually Saturday is our day together, but Jamie had his work BBQ and Zach was my packing mule for the Karen's photoshoot. We then went over to the Dumb Friends League which is like the Humane Society to browse the selection of dogs that are up for adoption. We always look at the puppy store in the mall, but I've always wanted to rescue instead of purchase a new puppy and Zach is now serious about getting a dog so we headed to the adoption center.

Yesterday Zach found the one he wanted...Buttercup. Well call her Butters haha She's 3 years old and is a Border Collie and Australian Sheppard mix. She's really sweet and good with cats and dogs. There are some things we have to get taken care of though. She has Kennel Cough, but has been on antibiotics for a few days and the shelter gave us the supply needed to get her through it. They found out on the morning before we brought her home that she has a fractured incisor, but can't take it out until her Kennel Cough is gone. She also keeps licking her stomach and they think it could be a urinary track infection and will look further into if the meds for Kennel Cough and the cream they gave us don't help it. One other thing, when she goes in to get her tooth pulled they're going to spay her since her previous owners haven't. We were also told that the reason she was brought into the shelter is because her previous owners foreclosed on their home and couldn't keep her.

We are so excited to be able to take her in and get her back to full health. We're having a few issues trying to get her adjusted, but she loves the cats and since yesterday they've decided they don't mind her either :) However, they still don't like her getting to close to them. Butters also loves her squeaky toys! She won't play fetch with a tennis ball, but you squeeze her chew toy and she goes nuts! lol

We walked her out of the shelter and loaded her into the Element. She didn't want in the back ... she wanted the window and climbed up on my lap lol She's a little big for a lap dog, but it made for an interesting ride home and I didn't feel I should tell her no since she's been locked up in the shelter for over a week. I thought she deserved a little window time lol

Butter's first steps in the backyard.
He's so happy. I know you can't really tell, but he was haha
Butters loves him!



Awww
She was curious of the camera... she's gunna make a great model! lol
Her first site of Treat... she loves the kitties!
Me and Butters :)
Her first walk around the neighborhood.
Almost home...
Buttercups new home!

My new website is up and running. It still isn't completely finished, but I put together something nicer than what I could hand make lol I will keep it updated as the final prints are selected for my portfolio. Check it out... www.jessidalton.com

Anywho, I've got to get back to spanish hw and editing Sunday's shoot. I hope you are all having a great week and enjoy you're weekend!

Zach, Jessi, & furry friends

No comments: