Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Calm before the Storm.

It's been pretty calm in this house lately. I've been doing a few jobs here and there for a sports photographer in town. This Friday I am working the Volleyball Championships for him. I'm in charge of taking all of the action shots! USA Gymnastics still hasn't finished their budget for the new year so I have to call back again in December. I'm really hoping it all works out. I've also booked a family portrait session next week so I'm excited about that.

Jamie's busy as usual with school and work, but I've seen him more the past few days which tells me things are slowing down finally. Zach went out of town for his Grandpa's memorial. RIP Grandpa Reeder. While Zach was gone, I dogsat Butters and my mom came to visit while in town for a training camp at the OTC. It was great to see my mom and the time with her was by far too short, but it was easy to say goodbye knowing that in just a few weeks we'll all be together again.

In other news, Zach, Butters, and I took some family portraits, but those images will not be revealed until we decide on our Christmas cards muahah! Also, I put on a Halloween Event for my photography business and sadly I didn't have much of a turn out. I did get some great shots of myself and Jamie haha

Here was the set...
me lol

Butters wanted in on the action. (p.s. the photos are taken by Zach)!
Here's Jamie... This is his 'cheese' face lol
His thoughtful pose lol
best of all... "Where's Waldo?"
Well, it's been a few days since I've started this and since then I have worked the Volleyball Championships. It went pretty well... long day, but learned a bunch and I came home to a hot tub and bed. I found I had muscles in my back I never knew I had... all because I had to hold my camera to my eye for about 8 hours straight! Other than that, I'm gearing up for this week. I have a lot of busy work to get done and one family portrait. I'm really looking forward to it :)

I'm also VERY ready for christmas... is it too early to set up? haha At least I'm not alone. The other day on our walk, quite a few of our neighbors are also in the festive mood and have began to set up... I really want to, however feel as if I'd be cheating on Thanksgiving if I set up Christmas now, so until then I guess I will just wait it out! But hey, if I give in... don't judge! It doesn't help that the stores are playing Christmas music too! Not to mention I've already bought or made most of my gifts and they're all wrapped and just waiting to be put under the tree and new ornaments oh help me hahah

I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday!

xoxo

No comments: