Thursday, December 2, 2010

Time flies!

I can't believe that it's already December! What happened to November... it's like I blinked and it was gone.

My parents and I headed to Oklahoma for a Thanksgiving at Jake's house. It was a short trip, but very enjoyable! We arrived late Tuesday and after getting settled into the house we crashed. Wednesday morning mom and I went to watch Jake at workout. It was great to see his new routines and to see the gym that he's been training at. We then went home to pick up dad, grab lunch and headed to Walmart. The rest of the day was full of shopping (well attempting to) for all of the groceries to prepare the big meal. After several trips to a few stores, we finally had all the ingredients to start cooking. Momma and I started the salads and pies the night before the big day that way we wouldn't be so stressed trying to get it all done the day of. Jake's girlfriend, Kayla, also had her family coming and they cooked the turkey, ham, gravy, and mashed potatoes. Kayla also made a great dish.

The day of Thanksgiving mom and I made the casseroles, mashed potatoes, and got all of the drinks ready along with setting the house. This was the first time I met Kayla, and the first time that my family met her parents and family. They were all great and it made for a wonderful evening full of laughs, stories, football, and delicious food!

I hated to leave (especially with our early flight), but it was time to come back home and get ready for Christmas. Below are images from the trip to Norman, Oklahoma which is just a wonderful place. I really enjoyed it!

First we'll start off with the house tour... Here's the front of the house.

Detail shot of the curb... love how the OU is in front of every house number. Another reason to love this place is how much they love that school! Here's the Kitchen...
The dining room...
Half of the living room... The boys are setting up the new tv stand and connecting the computer to the tv in order for mom to watch our family tradition movie Christmas Vacation!
The other half of the living room/entrance
Hallway to the bathroom, 3 bedrooms, and laundry room.
Back of the house.
Jake on Thanksgiving day! Check out his monster NCAA ring!
Here's the back of the house...
The day after Thanksgiving we headed into the huge backyard to play some football. Here is his roommates dog Philly. She was awesome and SUPER fast!
Here Jake is playing with Philly and Brody (the bigger dog... he's only 5 months!)
Brody again. What a cute face!

Mom playing with Brody.
Playing ball :)

Philly took the ball from Brody lol

They also chase Jake around the yard hahah

Jake played a new game with Philly... he'd get her to jump in the air after the ball and he'd catch her mid jump to give her kisses lol
Mom caught the ball between her legs lol that's talent!

Dad came out to play too!

Check out that kick! haha

Awww the family ♥
Mom and Dad
Cute momma
This was the train at the airport on the way to baggage claim... not one person! I was creeped out lol
After getting home, Zach and I set up our Christmas Tree :) I'm ready!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you're staying warm! Love you and see you all in about two weeks!

xoxo

No comments: