I hope you were all good this year and got everything you wanted! It has been a great Christmas and I am truly so blessed. I thank each and everyone of you for all of the wonderful things you bring to my life.
My trip home, I didn't take my camera and felt really naked without it, however it was so nice to just sit back and relax. I did have my point and shoot and it made my quick trip and travel much lighter. I had such a wonderful trip, but as of tomorrow... it's back to reality. Zach goes back to work, Jamie's still gone, so it'll be me and Butters all alone... Luckily, I got some great gifts to pass the time!
Christmas started a little early this year for us Here in Denver. First we celebrated our 3rd annual Roomie Christmas, then I headed out to Nevada for 5 days to spend some time with my family, then on Christmas Eve I headed back home to Denver to celebrate Christmas with Zachary. Below are images from my wonderful and far too short trip!
December 18th - Roomie Christmas.
Before I had to head to the airport, we celebrated our roomie Christmas. Jamie got Zach and I a gift card to Olive Garden (woo hoo), the movie Despicable me (love it), a chili mix and pot, and a hot chocolate kit! In return, Zach and I gave Jamie these shelves, two shot glasses to add to his collection, and a photo of him in his Giants jersey that says World Series 2010... He didn't waste any time getting those puppies up! What a great Christmas in the roomie house!
After arriving late the night before, chatting with the parents, I was finally able to get to bed around 2 am and woke up only to get ready and head to Fernley. We headed to the party thrown for Judy and Stan's 45th Wedding anniversary. It was filled with lots of food, drinks, laughs, and a lot of people I didn't recognize. It was great to see those I knew however and to see how happily married they are even after 45 years together. Not to mention they're just funny people and the stories told by their maid of honor and best man were pretty hilarious. Happy 45th you too!
Here I am with my bestest bud, Jayme.
My momma, me, and Jayme... "we're the three best friends that anyone's ever had" lol
Momma and I ♥
December 20th - Christmas with Grandma Gail, The Kings, and Grandpa Billy.
On Monday we headed into Fernley to Grandmas house for Christmas. We got to visit with Grandpa Billy, James, Staci, Jayme, Jordan, Jay, and Loni and her two beautiful girls Michaela and Emileigh. It was great to see everyone and to play with Grandmas new dog that the Kings got her. What a cutie! She is a blue boned red tick bloodhound (I think that's right?) and her name is Molly! We all just loved her. We had some good food, company, gifts, and laughs.
Dad with Molly.
December 21st - Eclipse
This had to be my least favorite day. I had to wake up early and head to the dentist. I was already nervous to begin with because I had to get a shot and a cavity filled and it ended up they switched dentists, I got 3 cavities filled, and 5 shots to accompany that. I felt so sick to my stomach, my hands where shaking, my heart was racing, and my throat felt like it closed. I couldn't breathe or swallow and they told me it was just fine and jabbed into my mouth. Needless to say, I was on the verge of tears when I got to dad and he wasn't too happy either. We then went to stop by the gym to see mom and ask her and Jake to lunch when I noticed my face was swelling up. I called the dentist back to ask if I could take advil since it was swelling nad hurting. After two advil and a few hours it seemed to stop. Dad and I had to run a few errands until mom got off then we all headed to Bullys to get lunch where I had cheese fries and I had to tap the straw full of my drink and drop it into my mouth. It took all day for it go down and for the feeling to begin to come back.
I also had to help momma finish shopping and when we got back home it was time for dinner and I sat around chatting with the folks again. We found out about the eclipse just after it started so Dad and I stayed up to watch the full eclipse and to see the moon turn red. I had tried to take photos with my point and shoot and it just wasn't the same... luckily dad had his camera and we whipped it out to try and get better shots. We stayed up til midnight waiting to get the final shot, but I did and I'm so happy because we witnessed a once in a lifetime thing. This was the first time in 372 years (1639 or something like that) since the lunar eclipse and winter solstice appeared on the same night. It's also not going to happen until 2094... I'll be 106 years old. I don't think I 'll make it hahah Anyways, here's what I got...
11:14 pm
11:28 pm
11:35 pm
11:48 pm
11:57 pm
December 23rd - Family day.
When I woke up, Mom was already at work. Jake and I got up awhile later and headed to the gym so he could work out. I dropped him off and headed into Fernley. While I was in Fernley I visited Mikey and Grandma Sharon, Susan, and Jessica! It was great to visit with all of them and this visit too was cut too short for my liking. I headed back in to meet mom and Jake for lunch at In-N-Out, one of the places on my 'must eat while in reno' list. Jake and I headed back home together while mom and dad had to finish locking up and closing. We then all met at home and bundled up. We then headed into downtown Reno for a little ice skating at the rink on the river! After a few hours of that, we headed home, ate dinner, and had a family Christmas (sort of...)
Mikey
Guest bathroom is pretty...Mummy... the bear I first sent mom for Halloween who says, "I want my mummy!" She now has outfits for every holiday lol
December 24th - Christmas Eve.
Between staying up too late playing Xbox 360 Kinect with Jake and then having to pack, I only got 4 hours of sleep before I had to be up again to head to the airport and fly out. I arrived on time and had one slight hiccup in security, but after that it was smooth sailing. I was one of 20 to board first then it became a full flight out of nowhere. I made it into Denver a half hour earlier than expected and when Zach picked me up we had another hiccup... Maybe I should get him a panic button for his car next Christmas hahah Anywho... we came home, had lunch, and watched home alone and home alone 2. It was around 7 or so at this point when we both couldn't stay awake any longer and we decided to open one gift and then we pitched camp (we had to camp downstairs in our new gifts...)
This is just after take off... Check out the heavy fog!
Here the snowy capped mountains lead you into Pyramid lake... It was breathtaking! I could see the pyramid and everything... if you zoom way in on this you can too!
Zach opening his Christmas Eve gift... the one for our campout.
Here's treat camped out on my new sleeping bag.
She cuddled me all night whether she was on the outside like she is here or inside curled up next to me!
I miss all of you already and wish that we could have been there to celebrate, however I can't complain because today has been a pretty great day. I love you all and MERRY CHRISTMAS!XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment