Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10 days...

Hey guys,
We have 10 days until Christmas and this Denver house just keeps getting more Christmas-y! I love it and am beyond excited! It's nothing super special or fancy decorated like my mommas house, but I've done my best with what I have and I'd have to say it's pretty good lol

To start off the little Christmas tour of the house we have the tree. It looks a little lame with no presents lol but when I took this, I was the only one to have shopped and wrapped...
The ugly unwrapped box is the huge box that I was shipping home... loaded with gifts! I was betting Zach on the price it would cost and we were off big time! I felt like I had hit the lotto when he told me what it was.
The tree is now overflowing with goodies! Thanks to Zach, Susan and Scott for adding to my lonely pile of presents!
Now to the ornaments that make up this beautiful tree... This is from last Christmas. Mom, Jake, and I were able to go to London and Mom got me this for me :) I was delighted to hang it on the tree this year. I didn't get any tree time last year poor guy! I bought this when I came home after graduation and stores were already stocked with Christmas items!
An ornament I made for Zach since he and his beautiful family took me to the Oregon Coast in June/July. We didn't collect the sand, but the shells we did :)
Another present to us... our 2010 Ornament!
Another one I had made to see which ornament I liked better... like 'em both!
Another one I made... sheesh that's a lot of ornaments for one year lol And the tree topper... Jamie put his Nevada football ornament on it because 'Nevada's #1' lol
Here's the updated living room. When my mom was down, we bought new pillows and a rug which I think really help pull the room together!
Then you have my fat cat who loves the fire hahah
And here's a view from the couch to the fire. A great old trunk as our coffee table... it's filled with all of the boys video games, my wii fit things, and blankets. It's amazing!
On the fireplace mantle we have these little guys which I'm so proud of :) I got them in the dollar section at Target, however they were $2.50 now all I need is one big one lol come on after Christmas sales!
Zach's favorite!
The entryway...handmade Christmas Chain to hang our Christmas cards and new this year is our little village!
Well it's not much of a village yet lol It only includes a church and 3 little people, but hey it's a start and plus we liked it this way because each year we'll add another one to the collection and watch the village grow and grow!
Little guy selling hot cocoa!
The dining room has a lovely poinsettia that I bought myself lol
Kitchen... again the dollar section at Target :)
And after month of complaining, we found an advent calendar!
Cutest picture out of all of my Christmas taking pictures is by far this one...
The last week I've been busy boxing up presents and preparing goodies to pass out here... I made 3 batches of cake pops and lets just saw I won't be making those again anytime soon lol
First I started with the green ones...
Then came the red...
Then I boxed em both up.
Then some finishing touches and we're done!

Today has been pretty laid back. It started with me going to visit a friend who I haven't seen in a while. She also did my hair... I love it! I was wearing my leather jacket today too and when Zach saw me he says, "You look like a rockstar" haha Other than that, we ate lunch and chatted, unloaded all the gifts and maybe we shook a few...maybe lol and since then we've been lounging around the house and watching tv and now Pixar short films. Pretty good day in my book! Can't wait for some dinner and a movie with me, my boy, and our adorable animals!

Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately, but there hasn't been a whole lot happening here in the house, but the next few weeks will be packed with lots of Christmas and travels so stay tuned! I head home on Saturday (after our roomie Christmas) and I can't wait to see you all! See you soon!!!!
xoxo

No comments: