Friday, May 6, 2011

Our first gig together...

Zach and I just finished our first wedding together! We woke up early on Saturday, April 30, 2011 to go and photograph our friends Matt & Chelsea's wedding. The entire morning and car ride to the church I was beyond nervous and Zach was calm as day, but the roles reversed when we arrived at 8 o'clock sharp. It's funny... I was like this in competition too! I would be nervous before the meet, but once I arrived I switched into 'kick butt' mode and I was off. I had to reassure Zach for a little bit, then he was off on his own too. It was a great learning experience for us both. We got some really wonderful images that have yet to be fully edited. I've got it narrowed down to about 250 images between the two of us. Now we've got to narrow it down even more so we can get a studio sample album printed. Eek!

Below will be a link to my facebook fan page (in case you haven't seen it, there are a few photos posted) and to my photography blog page which has a few other goodies. For now... I'm going to leave you with some behind the scene images from the Wedding.

We're at the end of the 'meet and greet' line where family and friends can snap a photo and congratulate the new married couple! Photo by Zach
Doing some formal shots with the bride and groom... had to run ahead to get the shot! Thanks for making me look ridiculous Zach hahah Photo by Zach
Me and the beautiful friend... This is Chelsea. She's been a constant friend in my life for the last 3 years or so. I met her shortly after moving to Colorado. I went into a beauty school to find someone who could do hair and make up for my photo shoots and was given this lovely lady! I adore her and how we're always on the same wave length... makes the job easy! Photo by Zach
Zach's getting his meter ready to capture some formal shots of the family!
Here I've stationed him below in the crowd for the bouquet toss and garter toss... he wasn't too thrilled. Can you tell? Ha! (I was up top up front and center with the bride and groom to make sure I also got the garter removal and such...) Overall, it was such a wonderful day! I've always wanted to photograph a wedding and would love to continue them! It was great to see the happy couple so in love and surround by those who love them. It was also nice to have my 2nd shooter be my best friend and boyfriend :)
I think this was two days ago... We were just getting home from our morning bike ride with the dog and (if you don't know, we live by an air force base) jets were flying so low over head I almost crashed trying to see the little guy inside! It's amazing... I want to fly in one... the power, speed, and sound is just plain cool. Well, I headed inside, unloaded the dishwasher, then went out back to let the dog out again and what happens? The jets come rumbling by again! So I ran upstairs, grabbed my big lens and camera, and went running outback. I was going to be ready when they came back around...

This was my test shot to make sure color was correct... and idk why, but I've included it hahah
Then I got bored... Our little garden has sprouted! Grow Radishes, grow! (of course it's the one thing planted I don't want that grows... just my luck!)

Then Zach comes to check on me and finds me with my camera hahah He chuckled then wanted to play with the big boy lens... Here's the shot of Butter's he took. She is so photogenic haha
Then I was demo-ing my lens for Zach and got more great shots of our baby.
She seriously poses...
One of my favorite shots of mine... She's so adorable!
And after 10 minutes of waiting... I never got my jet. And I listened for them all day and they never came back :( So I had to settle for this plane circling our area to land at DIA
I'll be headed to Reno on Monday. I'll be in town for some portrait sessions. It's going to be a quick, but lovely trip I'm sure. I'm happy to get some warmer weather (please stay warm!) and to see my family! I still have space available if you're interested in booking a session... otherwise, I'll be forced to do paper work :(

As I mentioned above, be sure to check out my fb book page and photo blog
Facebook.
Photo Blog.

Well folks, I've got to get finish getting ready to babysit... I hope you enjoy this little post and the warm weather! Love you.

Jessi

No comments: