Friday, April 4, 2008

Last Saturday I drove to the Springs to visit my friend from school who recently got a job at the Air Force Academy. It was a beautiful day out and we decided to go to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. It was awesome. The best part about the whole thing was that they've built the giraffes lower, so that when you walk in you're eye level with the giraffes! I thought that was the greatest thing. You can also buy 3 crackers for $1 and feed it to the giraffes. I petted this one. She was really sweet and soft.



This is the zoo's new baby giraffe =]



The baby wants a cracker!



For some reason that Rachel and I were not aware of...the giraffes loved to lick all the polls in their cage.



This zoo is built up on a hill and is pretty cool. Each section is on a new level of that mountain as you go up. I thought this was pretty cool because you could see the entire city of Colorado Springs. It was breath taking.



zebra's



napping in the sun...



daddy gorilla and the new baby

No comments: