Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dad's birthday weekend!

For a birthday surprise, Mom and I planned a trip for Dad to come to Denver and spend the weekend with me. So, Friday he arrived around noon and that started the adventurous weekend. We we super busy the entire time! It felt like we were non-stop, which wasn't necessarily bad. I don't do a whole lot besides school, so it was nice, but we defiantly wish we would have had one day that we sat around doing nothing except for being a couch potato or being lazy out in the sun.

Friday after picking him up, I gave him his present...A Rockies t-shirt. (Not knowing that he would later get tickets to the game hehe) He loved it! So that night we drove to Ruby Tuesday's for Dad's birthday dinner. While waiting for them to bring dinner, I gave him the present from the Mom, Jake, and me...Rockies tickets! Again he loved it and we were to have amazing seats!!! It was an awesome dinner!! And to top it off we had birthday dessert, a chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream mmmm =]

Saturday he came to work with me for the hour and then we were off for another packed day. Sunday was again loaded (although we did watch No Country For Old Men and Into The Wild). On Monday Dad came with me to school and check out the amazing school I've been lucky to attend. He was in awe at how many computers we have and the technology of the whole school. We were then sent out on a Photojournalism feature hunt. We walked along the Cherry Creek River and found our human interest story and headed back to turn it in. We then headed home to BBQ hamburgers before going to the Wings over the Rockies Museum and later the Rockies vs Phillies game. Phillies won 9 to 5 in the last two innings. Rockies play the Phillies again tonight and they're making a come back so watch out! haha Dad left this morning =[ He's made it safely into Reno and headed to work. I woke up not wanting him to leave. I wanted to take a wrong turn and not take him to the airport. I miss him, however mom is coming up soon so I have that to look forward to. I had a great weekend and hope that Dad had a wonderful birthday.

And some photos from the Rockies vs. Phillies game =]


Here are some photos from the Wings Museum.


Look real closely on the left of the missiles is dad standing underneath a B-1

Dad testing the radio and seeing his voice on the monitor.


Dad playing in the little kids cockpit haha


GO ROCKIES!!!

No comments: