Sunday, January 18, 2009

Disk Golf.

About a week ago when it was a nice 70*, Zach and I went to play disk golf for the first time. He had gotten me a set for Christmas and we were excited to get the chance to use it for the first time. We decided we'd switch every other hole since we only had one set of disks and Zach went first. He did pretty well... he'd played before. I however was another story haha

Hole number 2... I step up to throw the disk and realized that I have this nice frozen pond to throw over. Well, I'm no professional disk thrower and decided just to take my sweet time and throw around the pond. Not so much. On my 3rd throw the disk decided to roll down this little hill and right out onto the pond and Zach and I just stood there starring and laughing. After about three minutes we decided we should probably try to figure out how to get my new disk back... so Zach steps onto the ice and it's too thin. Water started leaking through. Then we look around for a large stick or something we can throw to hook around it, now such luck. Just then two very nice guys walk over with this amazing thing that fishes a disk right off the ice!! Zach and I are amazed and say, "We've gotta get one of those!" haha so they tell us where we can find one and after we tell them thanks they say no worries plenty of people have helped them out before.


So here's the disk out on the pond... funny right??

Onto hole 3. Zach's turn again and trust me we're still not getting any better hahah








He thought he was so good and chucked it almost into a pond hahah now he's got to go fetch it ...

Zach throwing the putter disk right into the basket.






I'm not the only one who went off course!


Here's Zach throwing towards the basket after his adventure into the sticks lol


This was the last hole we played because the course kept getting harder and harder. The holes kept getting longer (they started out 100 and something ft then got up to 400 and something ft and they had large ponds and trees everywhere) and we weren't feeling quite up to that challenge yet, so we turned around and headed back for the easier baskets haha



It was a pretty fun day, however we were pretty frustrated that we sucked at throwing a simple frisbee. We'll have to keep practicing ...

Xoxo

No comments: