Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our First Bike Ride.

Yesterday, we rode our bikes to get the mail and today we went for our first real bike ride. It was about a 3 mile ride and I'm bummed that my little mileage/clock/whatever-else-fancy-thing died just after leaving the house. However, we rode through this little park, through a neighborhood, along a main rode, then down this path along side this froze over creek! It was quite the ride. The weather wasn't ideal, but it was really fun! Zach was more than excited to be out and about on his new bike!!

However, there was one part of the ride that was NOT so fun... we were coming home on another main rode and it was ALL up hill. UGH! It was crazy. We always drive past people walking their bikes up the hill and laugh and say it can't be that hard so we had to try and I'm happy to say we made it up the hill on our bikes! Yeah!! and I was in a higher gear than Zach ha! I was a trained gymnast hahaha jk I was panting I won't lie and our legs were burning, but hey we did it and that's what counts.

Here's where we rode today.

And here's where the trail continues ... that will be the next bike ride.

Here's Zach stopped so I can take a few photos!

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday...it's my last day of break. Tomorrow I go back to school. Wish me luck and I'll keep you guys all updated and I hope to produce some great work!!

Love you!

No comments: