Saturday, February 21, 2009

Relearning how to fish.

We were luck enough to be able to go fishing today! Zach and I had been planning to go fishing for over a week now and last night our hope was tested... It began snowing and we for sure thought that we weren't going to be able to go and yet today it actually turned out to be a nice day! It was a bit chilly (but I bundled up) and we headed out after I got off work.

So, we get there and there weren't too many people so we headed down the beach a little ways and dumped our stuff. Zach then taught me how to tie the "perfect fishing knot" and helped me set up my new fishing pole I had gotten for Christmas! It's an amazing little pole and I love it! I power baited most of the day and then practiced my casts on Zach's other pole (since I kept casting over his haha).

My first cast in and about 10 minutes later I got a bite while I was drinking my soda. Go figure. Zach's yelling at me to grab it as I toss my soda down and hurry over to my pole. I then attempted to hook the fish, but had no such luck. So sad...We continued to fish and later ended up moving down the beach. As the began to set the chill really set in and as I tried to stay warm, Zach was off wandering the beach and casting for his fish... lol He was determined to catch one before we left. We began to pack up and headed towards the car and made one last stop to pick up Zach's last pole. I continued to the car (since I was freezing) and just then I heard Zach yelling, "I got one! I got one!!" I quickly turned around and saw a saddened Zach.

I rushed back over to his side and he then told me that he had began to reel in his pole and a fish grabbed on! He then tried to hook and as he reeled it in the fish jumped up out of the water and thats when Zach lost it. It had stolen Zach's powerbait and he was so sad, but happy to see that it was possibly a carp. He found a scale attatched to his hook where the food once had been.

We couldn't leave knowing that the fish was right there so Zach rushes to where we dumped the unused worms and grabbed one and tossed his pole back in, but with no success. So, we packed up and headed home.

Here are some photos from our trip though!

Panorama of the beach we were on.



The super cute little radio I bought so we could rock out while waiting for the fish to bite.

Our poles just waiting for the bite...

Zach casting out with his left hand... lol and that's the ipod playing on the mini radio! I know cool right? lol Once everyone left we blasted that thing! And I'm recording with my new video camera I got for Christmas from my parents!!



Zach trying to catch his fish ...

Love you all!

Jessi

No comments: