Thursday, May 21, 2009

Funny things in the household.

The title really sums it all up, there really has been some funny days this week...

Monday just as Zach and I were leaving for work the power went out. Jamie said in a very worried tone, "What will I do with out tv and video games?!" haha I laughed and walked out the door. That was at 5 pm. I get home about 8 pm and we still have NO power. However, Jamie did inform me that he was "spying" on the neighbors. And by spying I mean he was watching out the window at all the commotion. Apparently, the power guys did come, looked at the power box, chatted with our neighbors then headed over to Qdoba. How convient right? Right... because in the meantime, he had no power hahah Least it was still daylight-ish.

Well anyways, I get home and he had just finished making dinner...grilled BBQ chicken MMMMmm... well I start chowin down and text Zach that we still didn't have power and what on Earth were we going to do with our night. So, I decided to call the power company and "report" again the outage hahah (who knows maybe it woulda helped). I dial the number, report the outage and the stupid machine decides to tell me that oh our power won't be back on until sometime around 3 PM the next day!! "Oh lovely," I thought to myself...

I continued to complain and complain, put dishes away, and complained some more while I grabbed the flashlights. In the meantime I was thinking (scary I know lol) about what we did when we were younger and lights when out. I mean I wasn't even allowed inside unless it was dark let alone watch tv as much as I do now...haha So, after the thinking cap was on for a bit I decided that we haven't had a game night in quite some time so I headed to the closet, picked out a game, headed back to the table, and politely asked Jamie to join me in a game of Clue!

We played a game (I won), we played a second game (I won yet again...oh and on my first turn! haha), finally the power guys showed up and said about another hour, and we played round 3 of Clue. Guess who won? Yup thats right... I did! Jamie was livid and said that Clue has now been banned from game night in the house hahahah silly!

That was our Monday. As we all know (or should know lol) that Tuesday follows Monday. It also ended up being quite the day. I went to my morning class, arrived home sometime around noon, we headed to Home Depot, bought a lawn mower, and finally headed home to begin our first lawn mowing experience. We bought (correction...Zach bought) one of those awesome old school mowers! I was stoked and yet wasn't even given the chance to mow! LAME... instead I was the one to cut the edges of the grass and pull weeds (regardless that was the easy job just wait...)

The boys were in charge of mowing that day. After a few moments of Jamie begging us not to cut it we finally convinced him that we desperatly needed to. To prove his point he ran inside, grabbed a ruler, ran out and measured the grass to reveal the amazing 21" grass we had growing in our backyard!!! AMAZING ... I know! hahah It took the 3 of us WAY WAY WAY too long to cut that darned thing, but it made for a nice bonding time with the roomies and a few unforgetable laughs.

Thats my story :)

Night!

xoxo

No comments: