You always hear about this mythical Christmas in July. I have never really understood this concept and truly believed it was just in fairy tales, but this past week I was given my very own Christmas in July...well June, but it's all the same. It's still 6 months away from December and in this 90 degree weather is definitely out of place. My parents came for a visit and. I enjoyed the time all too much because as soon as they left, I was wishing their return. So mom and I have begun planning their next trip.
While my parents were here, we had time to just relax, ran errands, made some improvements to the house, and I saw the doctor again. Yes, another dr appointment. It didn't go as hoped. I vwas hoping to hear that I'm doing better, but thats not the case. My levels they tested for mono are still the same as when I was first diagnosed. They haven't changed, but I was feeling a bit better, and now I'm taking the day off and sleeping and laying in bed today. But back to my wonderful christmas in the middle of summer...
Mom and i decorated the downstairs bathroom to finally make it feel more home like, we potted two hanging plants, one topsy turvy strawberry plant, one potted plant outback on the porch, and two other additions that I'm very excited for... A watermelon plant and Jack-o-lanterns! I'm not the most patient person around and already I find myself getting frustrated that nothing has fruit yet lol we also hung a wind chime my grandma gave to me and we got a cute little table for the backyard. It has yet to be used yet except for me going to sit and ready or just enjoy the morning... We're currently housing jamie's family so when they head back home you bet your bottom dollar we'll be out there! I was also given a few new toys as early birthday gifts... I can't believe I'm creeping up on 22. Where has all the time gone? I still feel like a little kid with not a care in the world on the inside and yet, I'm getting ready for my final quarter and will then become a true grown up lol
Jake has moved into his new apartment and he sent a video. It's a cute little place and look forward to visiting him sometime soon. Other than that, Zach's working, I'm home waiting on FedEx, and like i mentioned earlier Jamie's family is in town. They're out for the day at the Denver Zoo. I bet his little sisters are just loving it. It's cute to see how much they adore their big brother. They never leave his site and are constantly finding ways to bug him in order for a little attention haha
My beautiful momma sporting her new shirt. Boomer Sooner!
Our first breakfast all together! I made crepes Mmmm...
The new front porch!
We've hung the new wind chime from grandma gail...
Hung potted plants...
And a topsy turvy strawberry plant!
And now for the backyard :) A new table and chairs which I love to sit in!
My little garden haha a pumpkin plant and...
WATERMELON!
Also added to the backyard is a lovely plant... oooo la la lol
Also, I've finally added rugs and actual towls to the downstairs guest bathroom. So proud of myself haha and while my mom was here she helped to hang up the beautiful art work that Zach's mom, Susan, made for me!
Photos from the storm we had last weekend... We had severe weather storm warnings and I now know to turn the tv on when there's heavy winds, crazy black/blue skys, and rain that has the potential to turn into hail because this produces a tornado. Sure enough just after I turned on the tv a tornado warning came on for our surrounding area. I knew to keep close attention in case it gets to mine so I can grab the cats and run for cover lol I've yet to see a funnel cloud, but the three of us roomies are determined to see one... On that day there was a funnel cloud above DIA, luckily it didn't touch down. Here's what my new blackberry captured.
And this is what the hail did to my new plant :(

(written today...)
So those are the new additions to the house. I have been watering the plants and I'm proud to report that they're all still alive! It's a miracle lol However, I still haven't seen much growth and I am starting to loose what little patience I had... lets go plants get it together! haha But anywho... This is my view on my way to class everyday. It's breath taking and such a pleasant walk and now having a camera phone that works, I thought I'd share with you :)
Yesterday was my last day of class and when I got home, I plopped on the couch and laid there for quite sometime. It was nice to just sit and relax without feeling like I should be doing something. Now, maybe I can get some real rest haha Today, I also haven't done much. I got up at 7:30 am and I haven't done that willingly in gosh knows how long lol Since I was up early I figured I mine as well head over to the portfolio review of the graduates from this quarter. Overall, the books were great and it really hit home that in about 3 months... that will be me! Scary! Already, so much to do lolEnjoy you're weekend. Love you.
p.s. I will get another blog up shortly ... it includes photos from the aquarium with Jamie's family woo!
No comments:
Post a Comment