Hey gang,
I think I've been to the doctors more in the last five months than I ever have and quite frankly, I don't like it. I'm always getting the answer I don't want and I'm getting used to needles...YUCK! I went to the specialist on Monday to find out that I still have mono (go figure) and they took more blood to see if the levels are going down at least. Then I suppose we'll go from there. I've been doing pretty well on getting rest, but the last few days I've been feeling not so hot. However, I've still been plenty busy getting shoots and hw done for finals that are slowly creeping up.
I've just finished week 8 (so excited), going to get some rest tomorrow and over the weekend (I get a 4 day weekend!), and by Monday night I'll be preparing for week 9. Only 3 more weeks of classes and I'll be on summer break! Yahoo!! Before I talk about my plans for summer (although you probably already know most of it), I've put together 3 slideshows of the shoots I've done the last week.
Soccer - This is the track star's sister, and sister of a friend from school. I love the way these came out as did my portfolio teacher :)
golf - The softball player is talented. She plays 3 sports... here's her 2nd sport.
basketball - and here's her 3rd sport.
Hope you enjoyed those! Back to my plans. This weekend we're going to watch the rugby team play a team from Great Britain and I'm really looking forward to it. It should be a great game! I'm counting down the days until summer, I've already finished a few finals and just have to show up for attendance, and most of all I'm looking forward to getting a lot of rest, watch a lot of movies, getting things ready for graduation in September (hopefully next quarter is my final one at AiC), and OREGON! I'm praying my parents can squeeze in a visit. I sure do miss them.
Brother was supposed to come up next week for a Senior Camp at the OTC and compete for a spot on the team that is going to Japan to represent Team USA in a World Championship of the sorts for Japan. However, he got a call the other day that instead of him coming to visit, he's going to SPAIN! What a lucky duck. I'm sad that I won't get to see him, however very excited to see him get this 'assignment' and go get 'em. I know he'll do well.
Other than that, I've been talking to my portfolio teacher about what to do after graduation. What jobs could I get to provide income and start getting my foot in the door? How do I get these jobs? ect... My only plan was to continue to do portraits and to apply to both gymnastics magazines in hopes of getting some freelance work, but he (my teacher, Dave) came up with another brilliant idea... to become a staff photographer for a University. He told me to sit with the idea for a week and if I was really interested in it, we'd discuss in more detail next week. Well, the more I think about it the more I love the idea. I've been researching Universities and the sports market beyond the University and all that jazz.
I've actually become quite attached to this idea and am excited. We're going to refocus my portfolio and I hope I will be able to get this kind of a gig. I'm prepared for next weeks class already. I've found 7 states with the University I'd like and what the sports market beyond the University is. Once we narrow it down a bit, I'm going to go more in depth for the other aspects such as pros/cons of each University along with the city and state, what the economy is doing, and what the housing market is like. Dave also said that while I'm shooting at the University, you get the pleasure of shooting all the sports which will be nice, but you also shoot photos for stock and those can run in Sports Illustrated. I think this could give me a great launching point into the editorial world. I also plan on running my Consumer Portraiture business on the side.
I think I've blabbed enough for one night. Enjoy your evening. Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment