Well guys, I've finally made it! I have now officially graduated from The Art Institute of Colorado with a Bachelors Degree in the Arts where I've specialized in Photography... oh and did I mention that I graduated with honors?! WOO!
I was so extrememly nervous the night before and didn't sleep well at all. I had a notepad beside me to keep track of all of the 'oh I must remember this' things and when I finally did get some sleep it was time to wake up. I ran about the house collecting things and placed them gently in Zach's car (everyone helped load up).
8:00 am - I was off. I had directions in hand and butterfly's in my stomach, but as soon as I walked into the Four Seasons Ballroom all nervous where gone.

9:00 am - It was my moment to shine and I had 17 or so of my fellow classmates by my side. We all were under pressure to present everything well, yet so relieved to have finally made it to this moment where we saw so many stand and where we once dreamed we'd finally be. We had made it!
9:15 am - I set up my booth and placed my postcards, business cards, sticky notes, portfolios, and cake pops out on my table. I was ready for anyone who came my way.
10:00 - 1 pm - parents, friends, family, students, faculty, and potential clients come through our portfolio review and collect information on us graduates. It's also a nice photo opportunity :)

Friend Courtney who graduated with me.

Rachel aka Wachel... friend and interned for her at the Air Force. (Those photos are coming soon!)

A professor I had my very first quarter, Tom Finke.


Up until this point, I had one or two people come by every few minutes. It was uneventful and then as soon as the boys and family show up I get PACKED and can't talk so they just stand there waiting ever so patiently ... I felt horrible, but what is a girl to do?! lol

Dad and Brother in Portfolio Review.

Zach looks thrilled doesn't he?! lol

AWW my biggest fans ♥

Best shot of the day hands down!

Me and my momma.

Me and my boys.

Family :) Jake was able to make it because he was down in the Springs for a training camp and got the day off to attend graduation! I was so excited and I know that we ALL enjoyed the day together. Can't wait for Thanksgiving when we'll all be together again.


Another graduate... Lars Thompson. He's headed to Minneapolis to assist and will run a very successful advertising studio. This I know. He has mad talent. We also had classes together from the very start!

The man on the left is an old teacher who no longer teaches at AI, but still involved with us students is T. John Hughes and on my right is the brilliant Michael Quinn. He photographs the most beautiful fashion spreads!

Me and T. John.

ANNA!

Michael aka the all knowing...

My booth buddy Heather. She photographs dogs if you couldn't tell by her board... she is amazing at what she does!

Another teacher, Brad.

A wonderful teacher ... Cynthia.

After Portfolio Review we headed out to Zach's car to drop off all of my things and to grab my ceremony gear...

Right before the ceremonies... Thanks brother for this photo!

Rachel had taken my mom's camera at this point and we starting snapping away lol

Me accepting my diploma :)

After the graduation we went to pose for more photos together in the room where the ceremonies where held.

Me posing for Zach... yes, I was using my 'diploma' as a chinese finger trap lol

Back out in the hallway...

Us just being goofy.

Rachel B.

This was take 5 hahah

Just after the ceremonies!


When everything was said and done we headed home to unload and drop off Zach's car. When we arrived I found these beautiful flowers waiting for me. Thank you Scott and Susan!

4 pm (ish) - we all headed back towards the Springs to drop Jake off. However, we were all starving and stopped at Red Robin in Castle Rock. What a delicious meal... and back on the road we go!
7 pm - Dropped Jake off at the OTC, but not right away. We saw that the Olympic Torch was lit so we had to run up and snap a few quick photos... plus I didn't want brother to leave just yet, so I think I was stalling lol
Momma by the torch.

Oh, Zach and I can never be totally together in a photo lol

Brother.

The boys examining it...

Pretty :) my dad pointed out that the furthest mountain point to the right is Pikes Peak. One year while my entire family was down at the OTC for Jake we took some time to explore and actually drove to top of Pikes Peak. It's the highest point in which you can get out and walk around without having oxygen given to you. It's around 14,000 ft! Amazing.

6:30 pm - It is now Saturday at this point and Jamie is here with his work, Zach and I are there with his work, and my parents are there too :) It was a fun filled night with lots of action and the Rockies!
This is our view.

Looking down on Jamie and my parents who happened to be 2 sections apart... There were by the scoreboard.

Zach's funny face as he watches a play.

Us :)

Rockies won!

Sunday, my parents and I went to watch the movie You Again. Boy was that hilarious!
And here's my Monday. I got to get ready and take my parents to the airport. I always hate that ... the whole saying goodbye and wishing they didn't have to leave yet, but the thing that made it so much easier was knowing I will be traveling home in just two days :)

After dropping them off, I headed to the Springs once again for a little goodbye party at the Air Force. That will be included in another blog, until then... Stay cool and I'll see you all VERY soon!
xoxo
P.S. HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY ZACHARY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment