I've been working on this blog for over two weeks now and am just now putting on some finishing touches... It all began on Wednesday, September 29, 2010.
Day 1 & 2 - We left at our house at 6pm and arrived in Cheyenne around 8:15 pm. At this point, Butters hasn't exactly been a saint... she's whined, walked all over my lap, left a ridiculous amount of dog hair on my lap, and made us pull over only to find out it was a false alarm. Rawlins was our next stop on this already super adventure... we arrived there about 11pm. We filled up and headed out again. Next was Evanston (2:30am), and then Wendover (7:20am). Wendover is where the real fun began.
It's about 7:30am when we arrived in Wendover and at this point we've had about an hour of sleep if that. I was taking over the driving when we pulled into Wendover and pulled in for gas. I wasn't thinking and left the keys and Butters in the car while heading in to pay for gas while Zach filled up with gas. He comes in as I'm paying and asks if everything is ok, I gave him a weird look and was like yeah... well, we get back to the car (me by the drivers side, zach on the passenger side) and I'm standing there waiting for him to unlock the car only to realized that the keys were inside of the car and Butters had locked us out. OH JOY! Everything was locked inside, his wallet and AAA card, my wallet and cell phone, but luckily we did have his cell phone allowing us to call.
So we had to wait an hour and a half for a AAA man from Wells could come unlock our doors... Lets just say that really sent me over the edge! After that little bump in the road was over, we were back on the road and headed to Battle Mountain where we arrived at 11:15 am. We filled up on gas yet again and were on our way. We were getting so excited and yet so very exhausted, but we kept going because we could smell Fernley!
We arrived at Zach's parents where we immediately let Butters out in their back yard. She ran around that back yard so happy to be out of the car. Not to mention she'd only gone pee once on the long journey so she went a few times in a matter of minutes. She then had to sniff out every corner of the house. I had to leave her there and I headed in to Reno with my dad. We made a trip around pyramid lake, stopped by the house to drop my stuff off, headed to gym, said hi and caught up with old friends there, went to sizzlers, came home and I was OUT!
Cheyenne, WY
Just outside of NV.
Battle Mountain...almost home!
After dad picked me up, we drove around pyramid.day 3 - Friday October 1st. Today is Zach's 23rd birthday. I drove into Fernley to have dinner with his family and to give him his gift from my parents and myself... a mountain board! The only condition was that he has to be in full gear or else, so he had to wait until he came to Reno to buy some pads. He later took it out and made it to the bottom of the hill before he crashed haha He has a nice road rash to show for it! Later that night, I headed back home and since my mom was out of town for a meet my dad and I sat down to watch a movie, but somethings never change...he was out 10 minutes into the movie lol


day 4 - Saturday the 2nd. I was a lazy bum this day. I didn't do much of anything. Dad worked, I slept in and then later on we went to pick up mom from the airport so she could make it for the Grad party!
day 5 - Sunday the 3rd. Today is the grad party. I had my portfolios on display, plenty of food and drinks, and it was nice to see and talk to everyone. After all the wonderful people in my life left, I then headed to Zach's special birthday dinner at some sushi joint. I never thought this day would come, but I ate sushi! However, after my second roll it really got to me and I couldn't finish any more... at least I can say I tried it though.
Quail Egg Shooters... Zach's ready, but the others aren't quite sure about it lol
Cheers!
Done... and the complaining starts lol
Pretty roses my mom picked for me out of the front yard :)

day 6 - Monday the 4th. I went to Fernley with mom. She had physical therapy and I went to hang with Jessica Bauer and her new boyfriend... we were supposed to have a photo shoot, but weather didn't allow that. Zach ended up coming over to her house and just after he got there we got a call saying that Butters jumped the fence so we had to leave to go find her, but she beat us home.
day 7 - Tuesday the 5th. We went shopping since it's decided to be cold and I packed only short sleeve summer attire. We then met up with dad for lunch at port of subs, got a movie and headed home with mom to relax for the evening. I wasn't feeling so well so Zach dropped Butters off, stayed for a bit, then went to his friend Joe's for a night of video games. I couldn't wait for him to come back to my parents house because Butters was going nuts without him.
day 8 - Wednesday the 6th. We took Butters for a walk and then Zach and I headed back into Fernley where we went shooting with Joe and heather. I shot Zachary's new 22 pistol. It was pretty fun and I wasn't too bad ;) I then headed back into Reno with Zach, met my parents, ate at in-n-out, and saw wall street movie.What a night :)


♥



Our shooting area.
Me first few shots.
setting up the targets.





My shells and my tin I shot!
reloading.
aww cute element out in the desert.

shooting clays.


day 9 - Thursday the 7th... I stayed home with mom where we watched karate kid. Pretty decent movie I'd say. Didn't do much else on this day.day 10 - Friday the 8th. Not my favorite day... I had to go to the dentist where they only make my teeth hurt worse :( but oh well. After the game I headed to Fernley and met him and his family at his house. We then headed over to Fernley High were his nephew, Jason, was playing against Fernley. Jason's on the JV Football team for Fallon. Jason got us down on the sidelines where Zach and I got some great shots!
day 11 - Saturday the 9th. Woke up early and got ready for a photoshoot at a local park. I photographed Rachel Lyon and her girls! It was a blast and we got some amazing shots. I can't wait for them to see the final images and to see them on the christmas cards that will be sent to the family :) I then met my parents at Bully's for lunch and we then headed to Celeste's birthday party.
day 12 - Sunday the 10th. Mom and I went to Jayme's softball game at UNR then picked up my dad and Butter and headed to Pyramid Lake. While we were up there, my parents got to help out as I photographed Loni and her beautiful girls! We then let Butters run around a little more after the sun set we headed home. This was Butters stay at my parents house...



And this is who we got to sleep next to... RIP Dillerbug!
day 13 - Monday the 11th. Today I had to head to Fernley bright and early where we loaded up the car, said our goodbyes and headed out. We also had Susan with us. We were taking her to meet up with Ang and Guy who were in Salt Lake. They also offered us a place to stay so we could stop half way and rest. Oh, Thank Goodness! It was much needed. That drive is too rough to make it all in a day. We toured around the city after grabbing some food and got a few cool night shots!
Just before the Salt Flats.


Wyoming...
Wind farms!
We pulled over to switch drivers when I spotted this little guy.
He then ran down the hill in front of us, up a hill to the freeway where I screamed because I thought he was going to get ran over, then he quickly turned around and darted back down the hill and back up to his original spot along the fence...phew!
Since then I've worked one job (4a Men's tennis state championships) and have been busy catching up on editing and marketing. Zach is back to work and Jamie is in and out of this house going to work and school.
This is treat as I got ready to go to Pueblo for my job.
Driving in stop and go traffic... It's Pikes Peak! So beautiful and this is why I love it here!
I just found this photo on my phone... While I was in Reno, I bought this little ornament for my tree... I now have two new ones to put up this year! Is it too early to set up? haha

Love you all and I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment