Friday, March 25, 2011

No excuses.


I really am horrible at this whole blogging thing lately... I look at how many I've written in the past and compare it to this year. I've written about once a month. There are no excuses. I should...need... to blog more often. I feel horrible that I haven't been able to update you all as much as I would have liked. One is me being lazy and the second is that I feel as if I'm always on the run (at least this month). I have traveled more days then I have been home I think. It's great to be so busy, however I miss sleeping in my own bed and having a day here and there to lounge around the house.

My job isn't as glamorous as it seems. Sure, it's great to go photograph and watch amazing athletes compete, dance, or whatever it is the job calls for, however the behind the scenes, the after I've taken hundreds or thousands of photos is I spend a lot of time on the computer. Whether I'm editing, organizing, burning DVD's, updating blogs, websites, and social networking sites, I can also be found researching and doing business papers. Just ask my dad how much fun we had doing those yesterday hahaha

It truly is a great job and I wouldn't have it any other way, but sometime I think people take it for granted. It's not all fun and games. There is a down side to being a photographer. Like spending hours at your computer editing 1800 images from one event and after a few hours... everything starts looking the same haha I really do enjoy it. It brings me so much joy and I thank everyone for all of their support and for believing in me. I'm so glad that things are picking up and giving me hope yet again that I really can come out on top in this brutal industry.

Enough of my rants... About a month ago we got some decent weather (a whole 50*) so we decided to try and make the best of it and go camping. Well, here are the images and a little story of the trip. I hope you enjoy! I know I did :)

Welcome to Jackson Lake.
Set up camp (or car in this case) in Pelican Campground.
Welcome to our campsite!
Jackson Lake has a Theater hahahaha Love it!
We decided to take a walk around our campsite down by the lake and found 'Swim Beach' however... not so swim-able in February
So pretty. The lake is all frozen over and was breathtaking no matter what direction we looked.
Check it out... first time (I think) that I've seen a Bald Eagle. It had just taken off and luckily I was able to capture a few frames! Wish I would have had a bigger lens!
See! So pretty!
And we're back at camp...
And after sitting by the car for a bit, we headed out on another walk. This time further up the lake. This is one of my favorite shots of the whole trip...
There were some creepy sounds as the lake cracked and the sheet of ice became little baby icebergs.
Zach and Butters walk up head of me... I can't believe how beautiful the winter can be.
And Zach spotted 5 male turkeys... We tried to get a better shot, but the closer you get, the faster they ran! At least I got a shot in there lol
After looping back around we found the swim beach again lol I love that these are washed up and frozen in the ice. I laughed when I saw this.
Woo hoo... back at camp and as I made the side dishes Zach built this nice little mallow cooker and while he finished dinner, I sat by the fire trying to stay warm.
This is the view from my chair :)

And this is what I was doing by the fire... well at least until the sun went down and then it became too cold and we put out the fire and headed to bed.
After a VERY cold night sleeping in Zach's car, we woke up, ate some donuts, and headed out on another walk. This morning we saw turkey and raccoon tracks. Whoa... Zach was so excited for the Turkeys! It was funny lol
Awww my two babies!
And then there was 3!
Butters attempting to play fetch... she's really not good at it haha
RUN Butters RUN lol She is fast though... I will give her that!


Well ... that was our little one night adventure to Jackson Lake. I'm praying the weather will warm up so that the next time we go, we can actually sleep in a tent and go swimming!

Other than that, Zach finally got 3 in a row days off from work... He's now off Thurs-Sat and I'm more than happy about that. We can finally go camping for more than a night or drive somewhere to go hiking and stay a few days. Just in time for summer! (If it ever comes). I have some images from our trip to NV and my latest trip to Oklahoma that are being edited and will try extremely hard to get those published soon ... but I guess we'll see how that goes hahah Mom and dad come in on Friday, April 1st and Jake will be here to compete on the 2nd. WOO I'm counting down the days. I suppose I should get back to editing. Try to stay warm! (I hear it's not too warm there either!)

No comments: