Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Viva Las Vegas.

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all staying warm. We got another 2 inches over night... lucky us! Anyone want to go snowshoeing? Read with me by the fire?? Sledding? lol Thursday, I left VERY early. We wanted to make sure that we made it in time for Jake's first session of the Winter Cup competition. I do have to say it made for some really great shots! I've always wanted a shot with city lights!  

Leaving Denver.

Above the massive snow storm that left our house with 14" of snow.

Pretty sunrise!

After landing in Vegas, I had to wait a bit for mom and dad before heading to get our rental car. It sucked because we weren't able to check into our hotel room until 4pm and it was only 8:30 in the morning. We were not only tired and hungry, but a little cranky. It was as we were sitting in our Ihop booth that we realized we were getting a little nervous for the night's events. Jake was going to compete in 3 events and we were excited to see what new tricks he had in store. Meanwhile, Zach sent me this photo ... Can you find Butters? lol


Friday in Vegas was uneventful. We hung out with Jake and watched airplanes for a majority of the day.
View from our hotel room.

Watching airplanes!






Aww cute brother sister picture!

I'm a tad bit creepy here lol


Pretty sunset in Vegas!

Check out all the airplanes getting ready to land!

Skyline comes to life!

Saturday were the Winter Cup finals. We had quite the support group out in the stands from Gym NV fans to our family! A big thank you to Grandma Gail, Lynette, Brandi, David & Kim, and Rachel and her girls for driving all the way out to watch Jake compete! You all looked fabulous in your Team Jake shirts. Mom did a great job with all the light up signs and dad became my assistant for the night. I was running around like a headless chicken! I did get some really great shots, just waiting for them to export then I'll be uploading them to my photography facebook page.

Mom and I before the meet!

Watching airplanes (and this little guy) for a bit while waiting for momma to get out of her session.

Dad and I keep saying this reminds us of the Jetsons!
After the competition ended on Saturday we went out with Jake and the other Sooner for dinner. It was late and we were all hungry. After dinner we all went our separate ways and while Jake and them had to leave early Sunday morning, we were able to sleep in and hangout for almost another full day.We ended up watching airplanes (yes again! lol) while we waited for my mom to finish up her last session. Once we picked her up we grabbed lunch and off we went to the Hoover Dam!
13 planes were waiting for take off! The most dad and I have seen!!

Lake Mead!

Mom is ready for the walk after a quick power nap lol



Driving across the new bridge.

And welcome to Arizona! 

Then...

Back into Nevada.

haha just saw this ... but bring shade? There was a sign that also said along the lines of not dropping things as they can kill... not sure who'd under the giant bridge... in the water... to be hit by falling objects but thanks for the warning!

Here we go!

We did not stop to read all the information pieces, but I think these were test sites for suspension?

NEVADA!

Look, I'm in Nevada.

Mom and dad are in NV too!

First site of the dam.

Lots and lots of pictures of the dam...



Woo it's momma!

How would you like to be the guy that has to work on that little booth thingy? It over hangs the dam. No thank you!

Love this.


Dad!

River and the boats... Mom was telling us that when we were very little Uncle David took us out on a boat to this point. So cool. Wish I could remember that! lol




It really was a beautiful day for this. Not even the slightest bit crowded and we were able to take our sweet time :)

State line.

Mom, Dad, and I standing in TWO states at once! oh yeah!
Here I am standing in two states at once.


The apex of the arch ...

All 3 of us are standing on the apex!


Love it.

Me.

Sun was super bright!


Almost to the end of the walk way... Huge power lines. It was crazy how loud these were.


There is the end!
Yes, we walked the entire bridge :) And here I am at the end of the bridge and way back there to the left of my head is Arizona sign. Woo hoo. Arizona twice in one day haha

Time to head back. Cute pose momma.

Mom's really pretty new purse! Oh la la!

Cool fence.

So pretty! Gosh... it is breathtaking. You really start to feel just how small you really are at big structures like this.


Dad taking it all in.

Back at the Apex of the bridge.

Yup, standing on the apex... again.

Looking straight down from the top of the apex. (thanks for the idea dad!)

Mom tried to catch me jumping in two states at once... it's funny lol

The face is even funnier in this one... but it's pretty cool look at me jumping in two states hahah
Whoa, now I'm handstanding in two states.




We still have a long way to go.


Cool windy road that goes across the dam. We didn't do it this time, but the last time we were here (like oh ummm at least 10 years ago) we did. It's awesome. If you haven't been here before, you should go see it.

Dad thinks that people are trying to start a new "shoe tree" by tossing hats onto the side of the mountain. There were about 5 we counted, but here's a close up of 2.


Cool railing!

About to head back down to the car. Pretty view!
Dad was telling us how while he traveled back and forth to Yuma (to visit grandpa Dave & Judy) he saw the bridge being constructed. This shows the process in which he told us they did. I went to take a picture, then noticed our reflections. Family portrait!! (Dad went on to say how smart are you? I said dad, I was trained to see light and reflections lol but it made me feel good. Thanks!)

A closer shot of the testing suspension thing.

Looking down to the car lot from the walk way thing.

Cute mom and dad!

Aww.

This crazy cactus! Never seen one like this. Kinda cool!

Taking a picture of dad, taking a picture, while viewing the landscape! Ha! Love this one too!

Photo without dad in it... I had it with just the walkway and all the shadow, but some guy in a wheelchair ruined the shot. I didn't want one single person in the shot... boo!
Panorama of the Hoover Dam while standing on the bridge!

Drove over to a look out for Lake Mead.

Pretty.

Old railway tunnel.



Check out the moon!


Did not realize that the old rail way tunnel is also a hiking trail! We so have to do this sometime!!
Panorama of Lake Mead!

We were so pooped after our travels to the Hoover Dam that we were craving ice cream and we knew just the spot! DQ baby!!!  Spotted in on the way there ;)

It's an old Union Pacific train in the middle of this town lol Neat with the bushes and mountains surrounding it.


I laughed so hard... Giant dog?! What the heck!

Las Vegas Skyline!

Las Vegas from my window seat.

Any who, I am now back in Denver. I have been spending my days cleaning, catching up on paper work and emails, and well... filling orders! I can't wait to finish uploading images from Winter Cup finals so stay tuned! I hope that you all are staying warm!

Love and miss you!!



No comments: