I hope that you are all enjoying the new year. It has been great so far in this household. We spend the night in and played phase 10...it was a blast! I am now in my final week of vacation (then back to the busy busy busy life...), Jamie starts a class on Monday (a shortened class M-F for two weeks so he can have a bit easier workload when the semester does start), and Zach is back at work (lucky him lol). Other than that, our friend Joe comes to visit tomorrow, we'll head up to Estes Park for the week and on the 15th my family comes to town! Jake is competing in his first NCAA meet down in the springs so we're all going to watch. Mom and Dad fly in on Friday night and on Saturday this Denver household will be heading to support OU in their first meet of the season :) I'm so excited!!
Back to Christmas in Denver. I was home for a wonderful week and a half, but had to head back home to the cats (Trick hates when I leave and therefore... leaves Zach little brown presents all over the house lol) But while I was home it was nice. I was able to relax. However, I thought I was getting away from the cold and snow, but little did I know that Reno is worse than Denver! Ha... Another reason to head back to Denver. It's been in the 40's which is very nice compared to the whole 20's in Reno. Ugh... spring please!!!
My 2nd or 3rd day home I ran around the house taking some photos of the decorations my momma put up. Take a look :)
Here's the huge Christmas tree... I love it. It's so beautiful!
Our stockings...how awesome is this?! Jake got an OU one and for me...LONDON! I told my mom I was stealing it lol It's amazing and she made it :) Even better! She is so clever! I did end up bringing the stocking home to Denver and can't wait to hang it up next year...

I love these villages so I had to snap a few shots.
The Nutcrackers ...
Christmas cards from the family.
Christmas countdown... and momma in the kitchen!
Mom painted this. She is so very talented! Wish I could paint like that...
The famous seasonal doll.
This cool old trunk my momma got. Its from 1913-ish. Each travel it was engraved... I love it!
This is Mummy... She has many outfits and when you press her paw she says, "I want my Mummy!" (she was given to my mom last Halloween in a mummy outfit and has since then gained quite the wardrobe).
The awesome lamps in my mom's room.
Parents cute little bed... The monkey was given to my parents from a team boy my mom coaches, and the other bear is my dads. His name is Monk... and he has a heartbeat if you squeeze him lol
There's dad working on his stocks...
And Jake watching a movie...
Later that night we were allowed to open 1 gift... I got a gorgeous charm bracelet with Big Ben and a London telephone booth! I have much more to add to the bracelet, but how cute! Jake got...

Guitar Hero, can't you see his excitement?! lol he hated taking this photo...
After that long day, it was time for bed. Zach and Jamie would be arriving in Reno the next morning and I had hopes of seeing them along with my family. Jake and I started our Christmas morning by waking my parents up at 6:30 am like old times sake! (it was hilarious! Dad was ready, but I had to drag momma outta bed). After everyone was finally up and about, I helped mom cook breakfast for us all and I sorted out all the presents for the day's festivities. Here's a few videos of what we got and below are more images...I made this blanket for mom and dad.


Jake got the books he wanted... this guy gave a motivational speech to the OU team.
Dad and his new laptop...I've stopped counting lol

A retarded bow that was on one of my presents... lol it still makes me laugh.
Mom got Windows office for her litle laptop.
The blanket I made for Jake.
Dad got a new gps :)
Prison Break ... Season 3. Such a great show!
Momma got her very own wii :) I also got her the biggest loser game (she absolutely loves the show and said the game is awesome too...dad got her the Jillian Michaels game. She's the trainer from Biggest Loser).
More accessories.
A smaller image of the present I made Jake.
Mom's awesome socks lol
Dad and his 'indoor golf' game lol It was funny!
Mom and her OU visor that Jake gave to her. Cute eh?
Dad and his new OU coffee mug. He really loves his coffee these days haha
Mom's big present... Punching bag!!!
And our old lady... Dillon. She turns 15 in about a week. What an old dog and yet she is as funny as ever.
I was also able to see Zach for a little bit. He came over to Scott and Carries house and after about a half hour we headed back to his families house. It was great and I just wish he could have stayed longer than a day and a half. Other than that, it was great to just hangout with my family. I really have missed them and we're already counting down the days until we're all together again... 13 more days! Woo hoo!
Hope you are all enjoying the new year and I will write again in about a week after our trip to Estes Park. I love you all and thank you for a wonderful Christmas and trip home. I can't wait to come again.
XoXo
No comments:
Post a Comment