Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gold Beach, OR

Finally, I'm getting around to editing the images from Oregon! This will take some time to get through so prepare and enjoy!

Zach and I woke up early on June 26th and flew into Portland. From there Zach's parents, Scott and Susan, picked us up. It was so great to see them and great to be out of the airport, but we still had a couple hour drive to our first destination on our trip up the Oregon coast.

We started in Gold Beach! What a town... I'd move there in a heart beat if I could live where our hotel was... right on the beach. I could live with that. You know, if I had too lol We stayed in Gold Beach June 26-29th and here is what we were blessed to experience...

Day 1 - June 26, 2010.
First steps on the beach! Love the sand between my toes!

Scott was collecting wood for walking sticks and after this piece didn't make the cut, they began playing baseball with the denied walking stick and rocks lol
He still managed to carry around that stick even though it didn't make the cut... Zach standing next to a stick hut that someone else had made. Pretty neat.
The first night we arrived in Gold Beach we took a stroll down the beach behind our hotel after dinner. This is Zach...
Looking down the coast behind our hotel.
On the way back to the hotel... just loved this log and had to take a photo.
Sunset from our hotel room. What a view!
This was my FAVORITE spot in Gold Beach. I was the first one ready, the first one out of the car, and the last one into the car. I could not get enough of this spot. It was so gorgeous and very difficult to take a bad photo haha
We walk for miles up and down this beach... wish I was still there. It made the mornings so much more pleasant! While we were here, we were in the hunt for sand dollars and seashells! I came home with quite the little collection :)

Day 2 - June 27, 2010.
Zach's prepared for some serious photographing.
The coolest rock. Zach and I fought over who could take the best photo of it lol Needless to say, mine because it's published first HA! ;)
STARFISH!




LOVE LOVE LOVE these shots... This spot was amazing and so full of photo opportunities!



Another gorgeous shot that I love. I love all the little tide pools left behind as the tide goes out.
Cool Reflections.
Scott and Susan heading back down the beach to the car.
Zach and I were lagging behind :)
I wish I was still here...
I won the biggest sand dollar for the day!
Last shot in this little cove, back to the car.
We drove back into town and since Scott and Susan have come here a few times they knew of this cool old boat. So we headed down there for some photos of the boat.






Zach kept getting in my shots on the beach so I made it my goal to get in all of his by the boat and after finally irritating him, he stuck his butt in one of my shots and we finally called it even lol







Headed to the Redwoods! (ps this is a blackberry image) I was given the opportunity when my parents came down to finally get a new phone. My other one was literally falling apart... I got a new blackberry and it was been the best phone. I love the fact that I can take photos again and that I'm able to upload them to facebook while we're on the run and because in times like this when I don't feel like having my camera, but I can use my cell phone and get a decent quality image. :)
Into the Redwoods... we were trying to find this one spot and then we spotted these beautiful guys.
Another blackberry image... Zach took this... I couldn't believe how BIG these trees were. This is the first time Zach and I have seen the Redwoods.
Looking up a hollowed redwood.
Looking up at a redwood... Seriously the biggest trees I've EVER seen. How incredible they are.
Finally... he's photographing! He never does... and its great because all 3 of us had new cameras! (Zach, me, and Scott)
Awesome moss.

He actually inhaled some of the moss... yucky!

Aww.
I loved these little poles that keep you on the trail... no hurting the environment ;) Sounds like Colorado!

Another great photo war between me and Zach... His thumb is originally in this photo which made me have to crop it. In the end I'm ok with it :)
Took the same shot again and luckily his finger wasn't in it. However, the color wasn't as good so in turn I decided I'd do a little black and white action since most of this stuff I just can't do that too. The color of the coast is just too beautiful.


Into the Trees of Mystery. This is one of the oldest redwoods, 2000 years old I think. I think it looks like the evil trees from Snow White lol
Up the little ride thingy...
The view from the top.
Back on the ground and finding our way out of the Trees of Mystery.
Scott and the big bear. He has this photo for at least 2 yrs in a row now lol
We made it back to Oregon and just before sunset we headed back to the most amazing spot to fly kites. Zach and Scott attempting to fly this double handed kite. Quite entertaining if you ask me lol
Pretty sunset.

Woo it's finally in the air... but only for a second then it plummeted to the ground haha

Love this. I can still feel this moment in my bones :)
Scott trying to fix the kite that got tangled.
And up it goes again...
Scott.
More beautiful sunsets. Maybe I'd take it for granted if I lived there and saw this everyday... makes me cherish this moment and photos even more.




Tried to get the 'cotton candy' effect, but it was getting too dark and I didn't have the right equipment. Still I thought it was cool.

Day 3 - June 28, 2010.
The adventure to see every lighthouse on the coast begins :)

First lighthouse in Oregon, Cape Blanco Lighthouse.
We get there to see the light house and they're closed for tours on Mondays. So we trespass anyways to go get some cool shots and we see a window washer up in the top of the lighthouse. Well, he waves us up :) So we got a one on one tour of it!
The view from inside the light house.
The light!

The lighthouse.

View from the bottom of the lighthouse.


The view of the entire hill and lighthouse.
Next up, Coquille River Lighthouse.
We went inside to check it out and found a very nice couple who are originally from somewhere just outside of Las Vegas and now work at volunteers at this lighthouse.


Thank you seagull for making my shot awesome.


Headed back home, but stopped to see a famous photographic spot that the lovely couple at the lighthouse told us about. Included in this spot was face rock.
CRAZY!

Susan also found a rock that looks like a baby elephant.
And one that looks like a pharaoh from Egypt.
This is the famous spot. Apparently it's on a lot of postcards...
Another shot... Can you find the small fishermen?
Back in my favorite spot in Gold Beach with yet another beautiful sunset. While we were at this spot we hunted for seashells and sand dollars!
Back at the car and now back to the hotel.
Day 4 - June 29, 2010.
Our last day in Gold Beach... It was also my mom and dad's 25th anniversary and we were lucky enough to be able to meet up with them, have breakfast, then head to our favorite spot. Momma found the first sand dollar of the day :) She became quite a pro sand dollar hunter...
Aww momma and dad walking the beach at sunset. I was waiting to get this shot :)

The last sunset in Gold Beach.
Zach on the hunt for sand dollars and best image.

Dad was freezing! I told them to dress warm so he comes in a t-shirt and shorts! What?! Well luckily mom had another sweatshirt and it helped him out a little, but not much. You can tell he's still freezing.

Mom and dad on their anniversary at sunset.
Dad's trying to get a picture, but in the meantime a sneaker wave got him. See, Susan warned Zach and I about them. I learned the hard way and my dad will shortly too lol It was the first night on the beach I think and we were walking the beach behind our hotel. Scott and Susan sat on a log, I was standing, but Zach was up walking around... out of nowhere Zach runs, Scott and Susan lift there legs, and while I tried to hurry and sit on the log to lift my legs when all of a sudden I get pushed backwards onto the log and whole lower leg was wet lol get the name now? They're very sneakily.

Well, the same this is about to happen to my dad lol he's focused on the sunset and the wave attacks him getting him soaking wet! Not long before that my mom and I got creeped up on by one or two. We were walking when a wave came at us. We tried to run when we got cornered by the second wave and we ran and ran but then a little river popped up and we no longer could escape the attack and ended up with a shoe full of very cold water hahah we were laughing and screaming so hard it took minutes to get our breath back.

Dad just before he was attacked lol
Us trying to get our photo taken while trying to keep and eye on those darn sneaky waves.
Zach and his family at sunset.


Cute!

Goodbye Gold Beach.
Our next stop is Florence, OR...Stay tuned!

No comments: