Saturday, August 28, 2010

Florence, OR

Day 5 - June 30, 2010
Heading to and staying in Florence.

We checked out of the Gold Beach Inn which was just fantastic. It is a nice little room and has gorgeous views. I can't wait to head back to the coast just to stay in this town and wonderful hotel. They had great service and really took care of us with whatever our needs were. (If you would like more info click the link http://goldbeachinn.com/). We then said our goodbyes to Gold Beach itself...

Next stop on our coastal trip... Florence, OR. We would stay two nights. The drive up the coast was SO green and all that fresh air really did us all some good. Zach slept of course! He's like a baby. You put him in the car and he passes right out lol
Along the way, we stopped at the Sea Lion Caves. We didn't want to pay the $20 a person to go down the elevator to the dark cave so instead we left and found another overlook where we could view them. This is an overall view of the sea lions.
Here I've zoomed in... look how many are piled onto this rock face... they just swim right up to the rock, jump out of the water, and onto the other sea lions! lol
The 3rd Lighthouse on the coast! Cape Argo Lighthouse.
This is the 5th lighthouse, Heceta Head Lighthouse. The 4th lighthouse we saw our first day as we were driving from the Portland Airport to Gold Beach. I didn't take a photo of it and we skipped it on the way back up just because we'd already seen it. Next time, I'll get a photo however to complete all the lighthouses on the Oregon Coast. Standing in this spot, if you look directly down the edge of the hill you could see more sea lions. Zach said they looked like maggots! lol

Such a beautiful lighthouse and location.

Welcome to Driftwood Shores. Another great hotel right on the beach! The kitchen was a plus as well ;) http://www.driftwoodshores.com/index.php Here we have Zach bugging Scott again which results in a wrestle lol
Hotel room view :)
Zach and I on the porch.

After checking in and getting unloaded we headed to Old Town Florence. We walked in and out of a few shops and ate lunch on the wharf. Then Zach and I took a stroll down the docks to get a few shots. This was my favorite.
Later that night, I stood on the back porch just getting some air and listening to the soothing sound of the waves when I looked over to the left and saw the big boat that scoops up sand and takes it into the harbor. Pretty neat.

Day 6 - July 1, 2010
Going Shopping

I could get used to waking up to this! I loved the fog... for some reason I just do. I've always loved it and to have a view like this, heaven.

We headed out for a day of thrift store shopping and I found this little beauty. I was like aww you'd go perfect in my 'French Vintage' styled room. It was a bit out of my price range, however my wonderful boy bought it for me as my birthday gift :) We went back to the hotel room and tested it. I called the front office from my cell phone and asked them to connect me to our hotel room and she did... my little phone rang so cute and Susan answered it! Can't wait to get it working in my room. No to this day it's still not working ... I need a land line :(
This was another birthday gift :) I got spoiled... This was from Scott and Susan. I love the cameos and when I saw this, I had to have it. I asked the sales lady to try it on and I knew it was the one. We asked her the background on it or if it was real and she told us after examining it that it was real and based on the way it's designed probably from the 1920's! How crazy is that?! Its made with real shell. You can see where the artist carved away at it and is skilled enough to have left color from the previous layer... it also has some special stone that is not attached with glue like now a days, but placed in the ring like a diamond would be. Love it!

We spent the rest of the day in and out of other thrift stores and called it an early night.

Next stop...Lincoln City, OR!

No comments: