Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lincoln City, OR

Day 7 - July 2, 2010
Leaving Florence, headed to Lincoln City.

First stop of the day. It was an overlook, not sure which one lol I wasn't too interested in taking notes, I just wanted the pretty pictures.


I can't say enough how much I love the fog!
Welcome to Newport.
Yaquina Bay Lighthouse. This lighthouse is now inactive, however it is the 6th lighthouse on the map and I was determined to photograph each lighthouse. The overlook from this lighthouse was amazing. See photos below :)
Beautiful bridge in Newport.


Scott and Susan went into a few shops while Zach and I walked the port/boardwalk of Newport. Around the first corner we found this family looking over the boardwalk. I was like hey there must be something over there... so we headed over and looked down to find these little guys. They were so cute and this one below loved the camera. Every where I moved... he followed and posed for me haha

We walked a little further down boardwalk and saw the docks! The little boat on the right has two fishermen... they had just caught a fish and Zach was excited lol He thinks it was a sea perch.
It was funny to listen to them 'bark'
When we looked back towards the fishermen, I spotted this guy... awww I love him!
Another shot of the port.
You can't tell I liked them could you? lol
Heading down onto the docks. Love this shot. Thank you seagulls for making this shot pop... I had a shot 2 seconds before and its not as great without them.
Walking further down the boardwalk I see the Port 5 sign and I fell in love. I basically ran to this spot lol A bunch of fishermen were just showing up for work and I was lucky enough to get this guy walkin in.


This is a panorama of the port. Came out pretty well I think :) On the right side you can see their fishery (psst... it's the blue building)
Another favorite shot! I love how the water looks like glass :)
Just outside of Newport is this beautiful lighthouse. This is one of my favorite lighthouses.
Yaquina Head Lighthouse.
Such a pretty place, and so hard to get a bad photo... I had quite a few and even after editing it down, there's still a few on here...but couldn't help it!




Panorama of the Yaquina Head Lighthouse and the coastline.
SO PRETTY!



We jumped back in the car and every so often would stop for a potty break and on one of the stops Susan told us to go watch the waves crash on the rocks, but the tide was out so I didn't get any huge splashed, but still got a few cool ones.

Depoe Bay... it's supposed to be the best spot for whale watching, however we weren't fortunate enough to see any. We also ate some amazing food (I found out that I actually like clam chowder, but only theirs ... it's not so good back here lol) and we went gift shopping. It was a such a great place lined with little shops that offered everything...

They even had a specialty store that sold crocs! I've like the idea of them however, didn't like the looks much and when we went in there to get Scott another pair she suckered us all in. She was the best sales women ever. She helped Scott and after that she turned and attacked Zach, then was like you look like a fashionable girl, I think you'd like these here try them on, I think you're an 8 and dang it I loved them, and then it was Susan's turn lol Needless to say, we all ended up with a pair of crocs lol

My crocs
Zach's crocs
Looking out the window of the whale watching center...
In Lincoln City!
We checked into The CoHo and went to grab some grub. (http://www.thecoholodge.com/index.html) It was a nice hotel that had easy beach access... we drove our car right onto the beach and were able to go roam around. This was our first night there. Scott, Zach, and I drove down and walked the beach for seashells and played on the rocks. Watch out for the ones covered in moss...makes for a very slippery step that almost ended badly for me a time or two lol
Watching Zach play.
This was our last night on the coastline and after all the driving, and walking we were pooped and decided to call it an early night so we sat around watching tv for a bit then hit the sack.

Next stop, Astoria!

No comments: