Yahoo! I'm finally getting a start on the Tokyo blogs. I have about 10 in this series so hold on to your tail feathers, grab a cup of joe (or in my case tea), and let's get this party started!! If you read the last blog you'll know that Zach got sick and no one got any sleep. Zach dropped my family and I off at the airport at about 4:30am and he headed home to sleep while we got to sit in the airport to board our tiny aircraft. We leave around 6am on this small plane to San Fran where we had a 2 hour layover before we left for Tokyo. We arrived in San Fran at 9 something and left at 11:08am I believe, but you'll never believe the plane we were on (I guess unless you've checked my facebook lol)... Dad was SO excited to get to fly on this jumbo plane. Eleven hours later, we had landed in Tokyo! It was still so unreal at that moment and didn't really sink in until we checked into our hotel. After checking in and getting all settled in it was about 5pm and we were hungry. So, we decided to head out and begin our adventure in the big city of Tokyo. After finding food and eating we were extremely pooped from the travel that we ended up calling it a night at 8pm! Check out the photos of our first day's adventure in Tokyo!
 |
| Little plane! |
 |
| I hate early morning flights because I had getting up early, but they do make for some REALLY great views. Check out those mountains! Wow. |
 |
| Mom and dad on the little plane. |
 |
| We have arrived in San Fran and we're just waiting for our jumbo plane. |
 |
| Not a bad wait. Got to watch the last of the sunrise and ate some breakfast. |
 |
| Check out this monster of a plane. Can't believe it's two stories... |
 |
| Dad and the 747. |
 |
| Almost ready to board! |
 |
| On the big plane! |
 |
| After quite a few hours sleep, I'm up and not looking too hot lol But it's time for food. |
 |
| Dinner time! This was our first meal on our long flight. Pretty good. |
 |
| After dinner, mom went back to her movie... |
 |
| Dad was doing his own thing, and I checked the tv screen to see how far we've come. Still got a ways... |
 |
| I see blue skies (well it was daylight the entire way there lol) Getting close! |
 |
| Well, here we are! We've landed in Tokyo!! |
 |
| Yet no one is moving... may have something to do with the fact that we're in the 2nd to last row of the monster plane. Could be awhile. |
 |
| Finally we're moving. We have about 3 of these sections to walk down before we can even get off. What an experience. |
 |
| The stairs to the upper deck (first class of course) |
 |
| After going through customs and collecting our baggage, we met the USA Gymnastic Travel agent and he showed us how to get on our shuttle bus to the hotel. Here we go! |
 |
| There was so much to see on this one hour bus ride. Already making mental list of places to see. I was obsessed with the Space Needle looking thing (later found out it's called the SkyTree and no we didn't make it to it sadly, but that's ok. We saw so many wonderful things). |
 |
| Pretty. Wish the bus didn't have funny blue windows. |
 |
| AHHH we've made it to the hotel! |
 |
| Mom and dad <3 |
 |
| While Mom and dad were checking in, I was checking out the views! |
 |
| Here's our room! So excited!! |
 |
| Yup, you need a room key to power up your room. Without this key, no water, no lights, no air, and no tv lol |
 |
| Panorama of our hotel room view! I couldn't believe the view we had.
Everyday was a beautiful day and we never wanted to close our window...
it was always opened first thing to soak in that view. |
 |
| This really awesome building that resembles the Empire State Building in my book. |
 |
| Dad and I spotted what we thought was Jake's competition site. Turns out, we were right! |
 |
| It gets very foggy. Do you see the SkyTree?? |
 |
| Our lovely hotel left this cool paper for us ... it shows the major sites on our side of the hotel. We were able to spot pretty much all of them and dad and I spent a decent amount of time staring out there. |
 |
| Walking back to our room after grabbing some dinner. This is our hotel all lit up. Pretty isn't it? |
 |
| WOW, yeah check out this insane toilet. It looks semi normal here right? |
 |
| But then you look to the side and well... its very confusing lol All these buttons!! There's a seat warmer, spray, bidet, and you can control the water pressure lol But how do you flush it? |
 |
| This weird little square lever. Pretty intense. |
 |
| And check out the night time views! |
 |
| See that red thing all lit up? That's a replica (only bigger and red) of the Eiffle Tower. It wasn't as tall as I though it would be, a little disappointed, but still want to see it in Paris. But just in case, I guess I saw the Tokyo Tower (aka the red Eiffle). |
 |
| We got our money converted into Yens. They have 3 bills and several coins. I still have a few coins, and will try to remember to post a picture of those as well, but just in case... here are the two bills I got. The 1000 and 5000 yen. There is also a 10000 Yen, but I didn't get one of those lol |
 |
| We liked saying we had 1000 yen in our pocket compared to $13 lol |
Well, that was day one in Tokyo. Not very exciting... just a long flight. There are still plenty more photos to come and I sure hope that you will enjoy them all. I know you got a glimpse into my photos through facebook, but I sure hope you enjoy the rest that I've kept from you :)
Since I've been home I have been super busy. I've had lots of work to catch up on, archiving all the photos and clearing off hard drives, blogging, cleaning, and Zach helped me paint half of the studio today! It wasn't quite the color we wanted so I really hope that it when it dries, we're happy otherwise... I'll be very unhappy haha It looks pretty good with the house put back together. I'm looking forward to it being amazing when I get up tomorrow that way, we can paint the rest and finally get onto decorating the rest of the house/studio. Anyways, it's getting a little late, so I should get going. We have a bunch of things to do tomorrow as well. I hope you all are doing wonderful and I am already counting down the days until I'm back to see all of you! Thank you all for your support and love!!
XoXo
No comments:
Post a Comment