I planned a trip home to attend my best friend Jessica's wedding. It was going to be a week long trip, but sooner than I knew... it became a 2 week stay in Reno and almost another 2 weeks in Tokyo, Japan. In order to catch you up, I need to start you from the beginning of this trip. It will take you through my stay in Reno (which was absolutely amazing) and continue up until where we are now in Tokyo. It's day two here, and we're still trying to get adjusted to the new time. I was so nervous for our trip to Tokyo, but have been so amazed by what we have seen so far. Those images are coming. They're actually downloading to my computer as I type this blog out. Just sit back and relax. Enjoy my Reno trip and before you know it, you too will be enjoying a little bit of Japan ;)
 |
| Denver to Reno. |
 |
| I left Denver on a Saturday night. I was sad to leave the dog and Zach, but knew they'd be right behind me :) |
 |
| What a gorgeous view! This is roughly Salt Lake Area I believe is what the pilot said. |
 |
| I had my first night in Reno alone while my parents traveled home from Norman where they were visiting Jake as he was honored at the Sooners football game. My mom left that next weekend and I found out that dad isn't much company... passed out and apparently cold so he's tucked his arms in his shirt! bahah |
 |
| Zach's birthday was coming up (Oct 1st) and I knew I wouldn't get a lot of time to work on gits and such so I tried to hurry and make a cake before he ventured to Reno. |
 |
| This is how it turned out (it got frosted eventually too, but after its travels to Fernley. |
 |
| I also made a second cake for when Zach came to lunch with my family. 40 cupcakes... I think it's safe to say I won't be backing anytime soon. I am caked out! |
 |
| Getting ready to decorate the second cake. |
 |
| Ta Da! |
 |
| Happy Birthday Zach! |
 |
| Happy birthday to you... |
 |
| 24... what an old man ;) |
 |
| Zach opening a funny card from mom and dad. |
 |
| Zach trying to guess what my parents got him. |
 |
| Bet he didn't see that one coming hahahaa |
 |
| Yay a giftcard! |
 |
| Does he look happy to you? lol |
 |
| A big box filled with a bunch of little ones. Yes, he's very good at guessing. I need to get better at tricking him. |
 |
| He called it. He thinks he is soo good. Christmas is coming... I will do better! lol |
 |
| I'd say it was a good birthday :) |
 |
| Sending him home with some cake. |
 |
| Before I left, Zach took me and our friends Daniel and Jessie out for a little shooting in the desert. (that's daniel shooting) |
 |
| Zach and Daniel shooting their pistols. |
 |
| Jessie is pretty dang good at this shooting thing. |
 |
| I shot a clay :) Not with shotgun (however I did try), but as target practice with the pistols lol |
 |
| And here i am shooting Zach's pistol. I shot Dan's 9mm too, but find that Zach's is much easier for me to actually hit a target with. I couldn't quite hit a target with the 9mm. I need more practice. I did improve on this trip though :) I even shot Zach's shotgun! (his new 12 gauge) |
 |
| Zach's up again. |
 |
| Zach and Dan couldn't hit this clay that was the furthest one out, but after only 3 shots (they each used at least two rounds and no hit on this) I hit it and of course I had to rub it in their faces! Go me! |
 |
| Time to shoot some clays. |
 |
| Zach is so nice. He came to watch me pack, stay the night, and drive us to the airport at 4 am. Thanks babe! |
 |
| Getting distracted... |
 |
| Really going to miss him. |
 |
| And her... |
Well, that night as I was packing of course it lead to a long night. It was 12:30am by the time I was really ready for bed. Just as I laid down, I was back awake and tending to Zach. He had gotten sick and by the time I had got him all taken care of it was 2:51am and figured since I had to be up a 3am I mine as well stay up lol So, I did. I ended up getting ready and helped load the car instead of getting sleep. We then headed off to the airport just about 4am and boy was I tired. I couldn't wait to sleep on the plane. I went roughly over 30-40 hours without sleep before I finally got some rest on the plane (this flight actually felt less than the flight to London thanks to be so tired I slept most of the way). Well, that was my Reno trip. We are now here in Tokyo enjoying our trip so far. It's getting pretty late and I'm going cross eyed trying to type. I suppose that I should stop blogging and hit the sack so that we're ready for tomorrow's sightseeing adventures. Love you all. Stay tuned Tokyo pictures are coming! Nighty night (or should I say good morning to you!)
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment