HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
I hope that you all had a happy and safe Halloween. I was home alone. The boys had to work and at first I was going to opt out of handing out candy, but this morning I couldn't do it. I've been very festive and feeling in the holiday mood so I just had to pass out candy. I made a run to Target to purchase 3 bags of candy and call it good. It lasted an hour and a half... not too many trick or treaters, but more than we had last year. I saw some super cute costumes (my favorite was the avatar kid and the two little ones dressed as mario and luigi), but the a tie goes out to the strangest ones... a father (yes a father, his wife yelled at me for handing him candy saying why do you guys do that... he turns to her and said, "I'm in costume, I said trick or treat, and I have a kid" bahaahaha) and the other was a girl who came in no costume with a backpack. Ummm... did she miss the memo about how Halloween works?! Just sayin...
Since I mentioned I was in the Holiday mood (that includes Christmas and I will admit I've been playing the Christmas station on Pandora while I work), I'm posting pictures of all the 'crafty' things Zach and I have been doing to keep our costs low and saving our money for Christmas shopping (which we've already started. Yessssss!) First, you've seen the cookies (and maybe the popcorn balls?) and now ... caramel apples! I have been craving them so much. The bad thing about doing cooking all of this... I'm so sick of it by the time they're finished I don't want to eat them :(
I also made Zach promise we'd be able to carve pumpkins this year. I've been wanting to, but we haven't since we've lived here and well ... When I got home from Tokyo it was off to the store to purchase our pumpkins lol Those photos are below too :) I hope you enjoy these and I know I'm slacking on the Tokyo posts. I'll get to those I promise. Soon... very soon. Again, Happy Halloween!
 |
| First time I've ever made these... caramel burns quickly, but I learned a few tricks ;) |
 |
| Yeah baby! Caramel apples were a success! |
 |
| Goodies being boxed up :) |
 |
| Caramel apples looking even better all wrapped up! Hated to see these go lol |
 |
| Pretty bow. |
 |
| See! So pretty lol Sometimes I wish that I could open a bakery... |
 |
| WOO all done. Time to box and ship! |
 |
| Here we go... |
 |
| Zach's all into this pumpkin carving... just you wait and see lol |
 |
| I of course had the monster pumpkin and am vertically challenged. Jamie laughed when he saw me on the chair up to my elbow in pumpkin so we had to take a photo hahah |
 |
| Zach's been wanting to do this pumpkin for awhile I guess... he finally got his chance and it was a huge hit! |
 |
| Using his fancy new iphone to test the pumpkin! |
 |
| All lit up on the porch! |
 |
| Woo! |
 |
| Blehhhhh... (throw up noise) |
 |
| Successful night. <3 |
 |
| Jamie also dressed up for a work party and other friend activities, Butters didn't recognize him with this wig on and almost attacked him lol We decided to see what she looked like and well... |
 |
| She doesn't like her hair like that lol Sad baby girl. |
 |
| Lighting up the pumpkins in preparations for tonight's festivities! |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Kicking it old school while I wait for trick or treaters... Love Hocus Pocus and had been craving that movie. |
 |
| My awesome socks. |
 |
| Big bowl of candy. |
 |
| Sorry it's not rotated... |
 |
| But check out my cool shirt I picked up for my passing out candy gig lol |
Anyways... I know this post is coming to you very late, but I wanted to share my exciting night. I'm not off to bed to read :) Enjoy you're evening!!
xoxo
p.s. have you read any good books lately??
No comments:
Post a Comment