Hey there! I'm calling a TO (time out) on the Tokyo Series to fill you in on what's happening Here in Denver. About 3 days ago, it was 80 degrees, but umm... we've taken a turn for the worst. It dropped to about 30 and snowed almost a day non stop. We now have roughly 6 inches of snow and some very chilly weather. The day before the storm, I figured I had better harvest our little garden. So, I did. We've been enjoying our crops so far (lots of steamed carrots). I am looking forward to placing them on my new food tray (that I picked up at Target for $2.50) with ranch in the center. Yum! Could be my healthy snack for tomorrow ;)
Back to the snow... It snowed on such a perfect day. Zach had the day off (had me fooled that he had to work for most of the morning though) and we were able to relax and enjoy our day together. We stayed inside (mostly on the couch next to the fire) while it continued to snow outside. We baked cookies and watched two movies with a huge bowl of popcorn. It was such a beautiful day. I sure hate being cold and when snow gets in your shoe, but it is very pretty to look at. Today has also been great. The roads cleared up and the weather warmed up a tad... a whole 58* at the high. Not too shabby. We are now back on the couch with a fire going and watching yet another movie. We did manage to get out of the house to run a few errands (like grab food) and we finally got around to frosting the cookies, but tomorrow it's back to work for me and Zach. We've got to work hard then we can enjoy our Saturday. Last weekend before Halloween. Will be make it to a pumpkin patch? Corn maze? Or will we stay home and carve the pumpkins we've already picked up? Who knows lol maybe we'll end up going to the movies or stay in yet again. Until then, enjoy some photos from Here in Denver!
 |
| First batch of carrots I pulled for dinner that night. |
 |
| Baby Cucumber! Woo salad time. |
 |
| Steamed carrots with dinner! |
 |
| All our crops have been harvested!! |
 |
| Before the snow storm... (I barely got a fall this year...and didn't get any fall color shots. Sad) |
 |
| And a day later... Isn't this beautiful though. The red tree and snow on the ground?! Love it. Too bad we took that walk again today and the red leaves are pretty much all on the ground. |
 |
| No leaves left on the trees over here... |
 |
| Butters wasn't sure about the snow last year, but this year she can't seem to get enough of it! |
 |
| Runnin and runnin! |
 |
| She's still runnin lol |
 |
| A few leaves left over the little hill... won't last long. |
 |
| Looking down into our neighborhood. Looks so peaceful! |
 |
| I love big trees like this... (walked under one today and go my own private snow storm, but I didn't mind). |
 |
| I don't know what her deal is, but she is sure loving it hahah So funny to watch her jump around in the deep snow. |
 |
| My baby girl and Zachary :) |
 |
| Looking back towards downtown Denver... |
 |
| Zoomed in so you can see. How crazy are the clouds hovering about the city. Can you see the buildings of Downtown? |
 |
| Our feet. I was smart and put on snow boots. Zach work hunting boots and guess who had wet feet? Not me! |
 |
| We fell in love with our mailbox because of one little thing. Can you spot it? |
 |
| Can you see it now? |
 |
| How about now? See that bubble of ice that froze on the key? We were fascinated lol It was THAT cold!! |
 |
| Almost back home. |
 |
| Zach's truck is covered. |
 |
| Look at all that snow! Really starts putting it into perspective doesn't it? |
 |
| Our home <3 |
 |
| Zach wasn't quite as bundled as I was... all he could do when he saw me was laugh. |
 |
| Oh yeah. I'm rocking full winter gear! |
 |
| He told me I looked like the padded kid on Little Giants ahhah I had on leggings, HUGE tub socks up to my knees and snow pants, a tshirt, sweatshirt, and big winter coat along with gloves, headband, and my snow boots. I did NOT get cold :) Success! |
 |
| Welcome to our backyard. Good thing I harvested. My poor potted plants are now frozen. |
 |
| More yard. |
 |
| Crazy icicle |
 |
| No more plants this year. |
 |
| Our poor table didn't stand a chance. I guess I should have taken in the chairs and stuff... oops. We've let them melt off today and are now safely tucked inside for the winter. |
 |
| Time to head inside. |
 |
| We baked these before heading out on our walk... Double the batch for double the goodies :) |
 |
| Halloween sugar cookies! |
 |
| All done and cooled. Time to bag and frost. |
 |
| Finally got around to frosting the cookies today. We had a difficult time with some of the stencils, but they still taste good! |
 |
| Zach's a good helper! |
 |
| All our delicious cookies! |
Love you!
p.s. What was your favorite photo from our two day mini vaca??
No comments:
Post a Comment