Here we have it... Tokyo blog 4 out of 10! Yay!! Sorry it's taken me a while to get around to another one of these. Let's get to it shall we? We set out in the morning by jumping on the subway and riding it way up east to the Emperor's Palace (where their emperor lives). There isn't much I can say... I think it speaks for itself. It is such a beautiful location and green parks... You'll just have to see for yourself...
Subway.
Check out this video. It was pretty cool to watch the cars of the train all line up and then move when we turn corners.
Beautiful views of the moat.
Turtle!
Fish... he swam right up and posed for this shot lol
another fishy...
Seriously gorgeous views. I can't believe how green it all is!
Dad standing by the moat.
Panorama of the backside of the moat. PRETTY!
Kinda funny to see the city across the moat from a super green park.
Me being so excited I ran head and ended up having to wait for the rest of my group lol
Waiting to cross the street... almost to the emperors house!
Ta Da! There it is :)
We wanted to enter the gardens and get a closer view of the house, but apparently Monday was a holiday and they're closed the day after the holiday. Lame. At least we were able to see it!
Very Pretty!
My beautiful Momma and I :)
Mom says, "Hide my shoes" hahaha
Then we posed for a cute one.
And there's me and the emperor's palace.
This gate is HUGE!
With lots of cool details.
Check out how big the doors are!
I like the photo below for the original gate, but I do like this guy on his bike hahah
I wanted to ride on the canoe around and around the moat lol
Love the reflections!!
Could not get enough of this place.
Aww... pretty.
Heading back to the subway station, but still have a few sites to hit on the way back... like this cool fountain.
Sat around for a few minutes, but didn't have much luck. We think we had just missed it.
A cool statue of a samurai...
Cute family! We miss you Jake... thanks for the trip ;)
Mom and Dad.
Love this shot.
A shot I took while walking to show you that there are so spread out and still growing... the only way to go now is up. And up they have gone... We ate at a McDonald's that was 3 story, and Burger king that we 4 stories, and in some of these buildings there are multiple restaurants ... one on each floor. Can you see it?
We went up to the 2nd floor and had a pretty delicious lunch. Pork and rice. Yum!
Remember that famous crosswalk... We're about to cross it! :)
It was madness...
Phew. Made it to the other side.
Sony building again!
Now we're in my kinda of shopping district lol jk way to pricey, but it was awesome to see things you only see in magazines!
Check the police box lol
Apple store :)
We were going to try to find the river and fish market and we did see the market (but didn't go early in the morning to get the fresh off the boat stuff) and we walked through this very Japanese area. We were excited to experience some real traditional stuff...
All kinds of markets line the streets. Funny smells ... beware!
Fish and other random cooked things.
Mushrooms.
Couldn't tell ya what it says, but it's cool.
The street we walked down... now to go back up the other side and find our way home.
An $8 (600 yen) apple. Seriously though, this apple was about the size of my head. It was HUGE!
Produce.
Dried foods. We were afraid to try most of it not knowing what it was. Alan (the guy from the travel agency) was not afraid... I was warded off by the smells lol
Made our way back to the subway station and headed back home.
Here comes our train!
Waiting for the doors to open...
And now we have to wait for those getting off to exit so we can get on. Headed home after a long day of walking... yeah!
on the subway.
On the subway we decided to make one last stop to this shrine that Alan went to yesterday.
Meiji Jingu Shrine
Cool light box thingy ...
Walking down this awesome path to the shrine.
Look up and all of a sudden I feel like I'm in a jungle.
No idea what this was for, but I liked it lol
And here is the Shrine!
Where you pay your respects by doing this 4 step water thing.
Entering...
We witnessed a Japanese wedding!
Bride and groom.
Another spot where you pay respects.
Awesome big tree.
Another couple headed into to get married. That's 2 weddings in like a 10 minute span. Crazy!
Big drum inside the temple.
More really cool big doors.
leaving the Shrine. Now time to head home.
Weird tree I saw leaving the Shrine.
BAHAHAH need I say anything?!
Our hotel!
We were so exhausted from our day that we decided to stay inside our hotel and eat at this Italian restaurant. We heard it had great pizza, but while browsing their menu I found "Painful cooking of cow steak" whatever that what supposed to be did NOT get translated correctly bahahahaha oh man! So funny!
There you have it! Day four in Tokyo!! 5-10 coming soon :)
I haven't been as productive as I should have been today, but not much that I can do about it now. It's almost 6pm and it's about time to start some dinner. Butters and I have just got back from our walk and it was CHILLY and very windy. The snow is on it's way again. Time to bundle up and get comfy ... supposed to snow overnight. I saw a friend posted on facebook we've got a blizzard warning in effect... but I watched the news last night and they said around 7pm it would snow and snow over night, but our big storm is on Wed and again on Sat. Each day dumping about 3-6" of snow on us. I'll keep you posted ;) Enjoy your evening!!
No comments:
Post a Comment