Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bronze Medal.

We're on our 5th post of the 10 I have from Tokyo. It's October 12th and we had a little time before we had to head over to watch Jake's Team Finals competition. We decided to stay close, but to try and do some souvenir shopping. I have NEVER had such a hard time spending money lol We walked through a shopping center between our hotel and Jake's thinking it was traditional Japanese shops and there would be something, but sadly nothing. I thought maybe if we headed into the tourist trap of Times Square we'd be sure to find something there too, but again... nothing. We did find a Forever 21 and I saw bags for an H&M. It was very hard to resist.

Then it was off to Jake's competition and well, you all know how that went. They should have placed 2nd, but its ok. They know they did well and they have qualified the US for the 2012 Olympics. Not to mention they all walked away with a very nice bronze medal and can now add world medalist to their accomplishments!! How exciting it all is. Congrats to Jake and the rest of Team USA!!



This place we chose for lunch. We think it was an Italian restaurant. It was the first place that had fountain sodas (thank god), confusing on how we got service (found you have to press an egg shaped button), and of course had their own take on Italian. I ended up getting a burger since it look great and had these awesome fries. I was craving real American food by now.

Back up the stairs to street level. Told you that they can now only build up or down lol

While we were out walking we saw this poster... a dress shirt store had this gymnastics ad and I had to take a photo of it lol

Momma and I in front of Forever 21. Of course we had to go inside this 3 story one .. duh! lol


Forever 21 and I'll also take one of these cars...

We had eaten at this restaurant (also in our hotel) before leaving for the competition. We needed food in our bellies for this big night.

A famous Japanese guy that appears in magazines and billboards. The crowd went completely NUTS!

The 3 time All Around Champion (first time in history).




Team USA on the podium about to receive their medals!


Getting their medals!

Time for the flag raising ...

So Proud!

AhHHHH yay!

Can you believe it? I still have a hard time grasping my little brother is now a world bronze medalist! How incredible!!



1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams pose for photos.


We are too happy!

Family (minus Jake) pic in the stadium.

Stadium. We had pretty great seats! Time to race to Jake's hotel to see him!!!

That is one BIG medal. Heavy too! Congratulations brother!!

Momma got his pretty flowers!

Family pic!



The boys all have a tradition. After doing so well at this major competition they crave junk food. They deserve it... they don't get to eat this food while training so off to Burger King we go!


After ordering we headed up to the 3rd floor to eat.

Welcome to the 3rd floor!

After dinner and our goodbyes, we headed back to the hotel. I heard this rumbling and look what pulled up... a very nice GTR. I was one. Starting at $70,000 ... maybe I'll take two lol sheesh. Nice car though!

Almost to our hotel. We didn't understand why ALL of these taxi's were out. The entire street was lined with them all waiting... it went on for as far as the eye could see. What was this about?! I really want to know! We wondered if the subway stops at a certain time and people need rides home after the subway or if its because they stay parked by bars or what. No idea.




Photos by USA Gymnastics photographer and friend, John Cheng.





WOO!


Cute.



Bahah John said he heard me yelling for Jake so he snapped this photo of me :) Thanks John!

So happy that it's Sunday, however my day hasn't started like I thought it would. I was hoping with the Fall Back thing I would get more sleep, but that was NOT the case here. Zach and the rest of the household decided they were on the old schedule lol 8am isn't that bad, but I worked late and got home late and was hoping I could sleep in. Oh well, today is a lazy day. It's a day filled with lounging around, watching some football, reading, making my Christmas shopping lists, maybe purchasing a few things online so they get here soon, and well... maybe I'll take a nap. I am so sore from this weekends work and not feeling too hot right now. I think this lazy day is just what the doctor would prescribe. Jamie is home today... he's in his room pouting that my Cowboy game is on, but his niner game isn't lol He's also cheering on the seahawks of course... Zach's just starting work. Well, I'm off. I hope that you all enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'll be posting more soon. Love you all and thanks for reading :)

xoxo

No comments: