Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Big Buddha.

Hey guys, sorry that the Tokyo blogs have slowed down, but I'll do my best to get you all caught up and finished on the Tokyo series. Only four more to go! Enjoy our hour train ride and our long lost walk to find the big Buddha!

Waiting for the train!

Looks a lot like the subway ... we we're actually on the Train and of course dad had to have his morning coffee!

After the rush of people got off, dad finally took a seat. Good thinking since it was an hour ride. Didn't feel too long though!

Here's momma and I on the train!

Watching the train map to make sure we're on the right track! Didn't want to get lost that far out of the city.

We finally made it! Now if only we knew which way we were supposed to go lol

Well, two of us decided this could be the way and there were a LOT of people so we decided to give it a try.

Haven't found the Buddha yet, but we did find some authentic shopping!

Bring on the shops! Woo!!

Bahaha this still makes me laugh. Check out these socks...

I really wanted a ride lol

Oh goodness, lol we figured out we were NOT headed in the right direction so we stopped and tried to figure it out. When we had no clue, we tried to ask someone, but no one knew or understood so...

But I turned around and these kids were crowded around dad lol He was smiling, but I knew he was completely freaked. Turns out they have to practice English and so when they find us, we get bombarded. A friend on Facebook said that they probably thought that Dad looked like George Clooney just like we all think they look like Jackie Chan! Bahahahah

Love the lanterns.

Headed back down to where we started, but not before we stopped in shops and did a little shopping!

Sorry mom, but she got pooped on hahah

We then tried this very sketchy place ... and mom said she felt sick (I bet you can guess how this is going to turn out) ... then dad thought he was sick and pretty soon we were all a little sick to our stomach. Doesn't help that there is a VERY distinct smell to Japan that always seemed to have me on edge lol Such a weird smell and I couldn't wait to get back home and smell clean again. Poor suitcase... bleck!

Trying to find the Buddha. 

Always weird seafood out ...

Shops on our walk towards the actual Buddha now.

Still a little lost, but we're on the way. Check out the map on the sidewalk. Pretty cool!

Police station ... still cracks me up.

WOO! Big Buddha this way...

YES we've made it!

Us with the big Buddha. It's 40 ft tall! I will leave you in peace so that you can look at the pictures ...




Haha we were surrounded by kids again asking if they can 'speak to you' and then we got a photo taken by this professional, so I felt the need as another professional to take his picture too! Ha! It was so funny... his red pants and check out his hilarious face!



HUGE! Did I mention it was 40 ft tall lol


Inside of the big Buddha.


You can see clear up to the head... this thing has survived against all odds. Earthquakes, war, and tsunami.



Stairs to go down into the Buddha.











Shock absorbers!!







Love it.


Thanks for the great photo dad!

Awesome.


We decided to see the ocean ... trying to map our walk to the beach!

Cement mixer. Dad thought it was funny looking so I had to take a picture for him.

Then Mom spotted this really cute bakery shop. How awesome would it be to own a little place like this?!

We were continuing our shopping trip as we headed to the beach and dad got tired of waiting so he eventually found a place to rest lol



Ok gross... Check out the tan thing...


It was crispy octopus. Does that sound good to you? Bleh!

Love the side streets with the housing.

Beach this way.

Oh man, they really shouldn't use online translators... Be careful to tsunamis? Really?? lol

I see it, I see it!!

Click to enlarge and read the sign. It would have been helpful in the event of a tsunami.

A little fishing (not sure what it really is or what to call it, but were fisherman came and go...) Seemed like a private or maybe just for this village?
pano of the beach!

Dead baby shark.

Me and Momma.



Us!


Time to head back home so we're not stuck over night... we did NOT want to miss our last train.

Goodbye beach. (I could have spent ALL day there)

Check out the surf board area for these homes.

Love the speed limit haha

Building up.

Check out their delivery vehicles... I love it lol

There's the bus the told us would take us straight to the Buddha. Too bad we couldn't find it earlier, but then we wouldn't have gotten to see all this cool stuff!

A cool house I like. Don't see many houses.

Awesome.




Street of shops.

Postal box.

Dad spotted this pond with fish that runs underneath the shop.

Ok seriously... I want this car lol

First police are we saw.

More of the crazy sidewalks.

Back on the train headed back into the city.

It wasn't very full when we got on, but as we continued to get closer to the city the more crowded it became.



Crazy busy Train and Subway station.


I was leader, but I lost some of my group in the crowd. Come on momma and dad!

They back those trains FULL!

Maddness


McDonalds for dinner... I think yes! After a sketchy lunch we were craving a real meal full of fat and salt lol Seriously people, wait until you actually cross over seas. SO different.

Well, it has been adventurous Here in Denver,  but one of these best things that happened this week was that Zach and I attended a Ballet. I had the opportunity to photograph them on dress rehearsal then we got to attend as guests. Two VERY different ways to view the show. I loved it. Oh, and here are a few photos to catch you up on the few other little things that keep a smile on my face!
A $5 clutch I made :) My craft of the week.

All dressed up for the ballet.

Some really amazing treats I made yesterday... mini pumpkin pies drizzled with chocolate!!

Hope that you're all having a wonderful week!
xoxo

No comments: