Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We had a pretty great Thanksgiving here. It started on Wednesday... I hung out with a good friend. We'd been meaning to get together since I've gotten home from Tokyo, but one thing lead to another and someone was always busy when the other wasn't, but luckily with Thanksgiving and 'normal' people having time off, we were able to get together. YAY! So we ran around town and got lunch then hung around the house for a bit, but after that it was time to get busy baking for Thanksgiving goodies. 

Thanksgiving morning started early as we watched the parade laying in pj's on the couch and finally got up to make breakfast and start making more food. Here we go!

(Cell phone camera pics... more from the kitchen after that!)


Banana Bread ... YUM!


Pumpkin Pie! Didn't like it as much this year... definitely should have made my own crust!

Breakfast! Banana bread and Steal oats with apples. MMmmmMMmm
Making 3 layer Chocolate Dessert!
Green bean casserole waiting to be baked.

Boiling potatoes for Mashed potatoes and potato salad!

Time for a snack... pumpkin bread! Yes!

Waiting for the rolls to rise!
Stuffing... is ready to go in the oven.

Oh yes, the rolls are rising perfectly! Mmm best homemade rolls. Thank momma for the recipe!!
Turkey's about 45 minutes out so it's time to start cooking the rest of the food! Smelling good in here!
Zach's carving the turkey while the rest of the food is still in the oven.
SO MUCH FOOD!
Big mess...

Got to ichat with the family! It was so great to see them all and especially grandma!

I miss them so much, but it made it a little easier when we all got to chat :)

Had to end the night with this family tradition! lol
Alright, now we have more photos from the actual camera... not just the phone pics lol Enjoy it!
Time to give the Turkey a bath...

Turkey bath!

Zach being a goofball lol

Bottom layer of his 3 layer dessert!

Attempting homemade rolls! Say a prayer for me lol

Ham in the crock pot. Oh yeah!

Turkey's ready to go in the oven. Let's do this!

Check out the rolls... they've risen pretty well and now its time to shape them and let them rise some more!

Zach made Butters a porkchop so I gave the cats some tuna lol

Treat liked it ...

I love these tights so so much, but I got a run in them yesterday, and I'm sad :(
WOO! Our turkey is looking amazing, but we needed to put some foil on it so it doesn't get too done. Smelling SO good!

Seriously, check out these rolls?!

Hoping that these taste as good as they look. They're rising (that's a good sign right?!)

My baby is tired... don't blame here. It was only probably 2pm and I too was tired!


While I was waiting to put in the other foods, I decided that I will get busy bringing in the Christmas goodies, but you know how that goes. I ended up opening it and setting a few things up lol

Tried to get Butters in the shot, but she wasn't having it.

Still waiting for the Turkey...



Turkey is finally done and it's time for Zach to carve the turkey while I gather the rest of the food, finish some, and line up our food!!

Gimme some food already!



here's are line up... Pumpkin pie on the end.

3 layer dessert!

Potato Salad.

Stuffing...

Green bean casserole!
Oh yum. Mashed Potatoes!

Gravy :)

Rolls... lots of them.

Loving these!! Can't wait to eat one. They look and smell so good.

Turkey!

Ham.

All our food!!

Turned the lights on in the village...



More food shots...




My plate!

Zach and his loaded plate!

Mmm Mmm

We're pretty happy with our turnout!

Rolls were AWESOME!

Zach's getting full and he hasn't even made it to his meat yet lol

Yup... FULL.

A mess.

So, are you hungry now? I am... time for lunch! lol Yesterday was a great day with family, Zach, food, the cowboys won, and I was able to snag some really amazing deals on amazon :) Count down for Christmas begins now! 30 days

We hope that you had a fabulous Thanksgiving as well. Sorry that we weren't able to be there to celebrate with you, but know that you all were in our thoughts and prayers. We are so blessed with all of our wonderful family and friends!! We love you!!

xoxo

No comments: