Yesterday was a LONG day. It all started on Friday night with a long day, late night, and somewhat of a restless sleep. I did laundry, cooked meals for Zach so he would eat properly while I'm gone, attempted to pack, and watched our movies so we could send them back and have all new movies to come home to. I tried to pack pretty much my whole closet. I mean how can I choose an outfit for 3 1/2 weeks when I can barely decide what to wear on a day to day basis. This really made me frazzled! Finally, I called it a night and decided to wake up earlier the next day instead of sleeping in to finish my packing and work that still needed to be done before I left. So, yesterday I woke up early, finished packing (managed to make it here with two carry on's and one checked bag that weighed a perfect 49.5 lbs haha), and still had time to hangout with Zach before I was off to the airport.
Zach and Butters drove me to the airport and by 3 pm, we had arrived. I said my goodbyes, but wasn't too sad because I knew the time would fly. I dropped off my bag, headed to security (where there is ALWAYS and issue, luckily it wasn't me this time just an old lady traveling with her dog), and at my terminal within no time. I still had an hour and a half to kill when I had gotten to my terminal so lucky me I had some editing to do from my baby shoot (which went SO well)!! I plopped in a seat, pulled out my laptop, and began editing. I got 4 images done and by the time I knew it, they were already lining up for my flight. I had to quickly shut down everything, shove it in my backpack and run over. The flight was less than half full (awesome) and a pretty quick flight. I again pulled out my laptop and edited until the battery died, then read a magazine, and still had time for a little nap. Phew!
When I landed here, I was so excited to have my feet on the group and to be home. It feels GREAT to be here. I'm looking forward to all of the family and friends I get to see before heading off to Japan with my parents. I was picked up from the airport by a family friend, Kelly. Mom and Dad are actually in Oklahoma watching Jake and Kayla get recognized at the football game last night. Very jealous. That is an experience in itself. Kelly and I went to eat before heading home, but I was in our front door by 8:30 pm and tired. I felt so old lol I got ready for bed, pulled out my laptop to post some photos, and by 10 pm I was out! It's now 7:30 am and I'm wide awake! I think I'm still on Denver time.
Anyways, before I left for Reno, I was busy at work at home on two things... Photography and sewing. I mentioned that I had sold my first skirt and had to get that to her before I left. Here's her skirt... She loved it and I received a photo of her wearing it to school. She rocked it! The other project I was working on was part of Zach's birthday gift. I decided to give it to him early to make sure that it all fit and because I wanted to give it to him in person...
 |
| LOVE the color of the skirt. May have to get one for myself. |
 |
| Here's part of his gift. After endless hours of frustration, several poked fingers, ... |
 |
| a few mess ups, here we have it! The first jacket I've ever made. Not too shabby! |
 |
| I learned a lot along the way and I'm hoping that the next time I try this... I will have better luck. |
 |
| Corduroy outside, flannel lining, and a fashion fur hood. Tried to do a similar look to this jacket he wanted last year from Buckle. |
 |
| Hood. |
 |
| I even master the zipper. |
 |
| Front pocket. |
 |
| These are the tags I designed for the skirts I've been making. They're called the Marilyn :) |
 |
| The same day I was out running errands... I saw two accidents. This was one just after I had gotten home. |
 |
| 2nd accident that day, 5 minutes after I was just at that intersection... I knew it was time to call it a day before I was in one. 3rd times always a charm right? Well, I didn't want one. |
 |
| First accident right in front of me as I was leaving JoAnn's. |
 |
| This is one image from the baby shoot. I was missing her 'Meet the Baby' party and decided to leave her this at her moms and surprise her for the party. Custom framed image... looks even better than the print and it looked good! I am so proud of this shoot. When I'm all done editing I will post a link to the pictures. |
Well, I suppose that I should get out of bed, make some breakfast, and get ready. I have Jessica's rehearsal dinner this afternoon. Hope to see you all! Love you.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment