Wednesday, September 14, 2011

St. Paul.

After a pretty quick 6 hour drive we had finally made it into St. Paul, Minnesota! The drive was full of laughs. It was great to get out of the car and stretch our legs for more than a potty break. I was also very happy to see my family! Couldn't wait to make signs and cheer on Jake and the other OU boys at that night's competition. This trip was full of wonderful people, loud cheers, and far too short. Here we go...

August 17th -  Welcome to Minnesota!

Just got into St. Paul. I was dropped off by the Nowaks and they continued about another 20 minutes to family while I headed up into the hotel to find mine. Tada! Found 'em.

Mom and I got right to work on our signs! Mom brought all the supplied... I loved the googly eyes and we had to have at least one sign with them! This was my sign lol Pretty awesome right? Well, that was until an eye fell off, but thanks to my girl Kayla it was no longer a one eyed monster. Her gum saved the day lol Way to improvise!

Waiting for the first night of competition to start.

Team Jake!!

The Nowaks! Thanks for all of your support you guys! We are so blessed :)

March in!

Boys are lined up and we're ready to roll!

Scoreboard.

One event to go. Jake has already competed on Pommel's and is preparing to Rings. GO JAKE!


Some Ring action. Camera's with detachable lenses were not allowed in the arena. So, I didn't even take my big camera. Felt to weird not to be taking pictures, but I really enjoyed sitting back and cheering. However, I was much more nervous without having the camera to distract me.

August 18th - Mall of America!
Jake had the day off of competition, but still had workouts and meetings so we left him to do his thing and we ventured over to the Great Mall of America! Oh man. We needed about a three days just to cover this mall.
Driving through the downtown area trying to find the freeway.

Score. We found the mall!!

Seriously the biggest mall I've ever seen. I thought the mall in Texas was huge. Not.

Add caption

It's really hard to see it, but this is the mall from the front. Its the length of the image... so big! Mom and I only covered the first floor and part of the second before we were completely pooped and headed to find dad. We dropped him off like he was at daycare and picked him up when we were done. He never left the Microsoft store bahahah seriously, who can spend that long in ONE store?! Phew.

We did good. Got Jake some jeans and me lots of clothes and shoes. Good thing I always carry an extra bag... I ALWAYS come home with more than I had.

Finding our way back to the hotel was even harder than finding the mall, but once we found the Xcel Center (where Jake was competing) we were found.

After finally making it to the hotel, we all had to change and get ready for our fancy dinner paid for by the mayors office. We were treated to this lovely steak house because one of my mom's coaches was mugged their first night there. Luckily, they didn't get his wallet and he is ok. He managed to get out of the hand of 3 men with a few injuries, but in good spirits. He and my parents spent a good majority of the night in the hospital. He had a crushed nose, split lip, and other cuts. He said at our dinner that if this is how he would get treated for what happened. He's ok with it lol Oh yes, the image... It's hard to see but, we were one person over capacity for the car so Jake and our guest decided to ride in the back. You should have seen the look of our valet guy when we all climbed out hahaha

We all ate like royalty. We browsed the menu and found some outrageously priced items. Like a $2200 bottle of wine?! Seriously! He managed to go for a $50 steak, Mom and I went for a $24 steak each, Jake got Salmon, and Dad got a Walleye. We also had $8 glasses of wine. Wow. Fancy. Oh... Let me upload the other pics that made me feel like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Anyways, This was a building right outside our steakhouse. Jake and I decided while waiting for valet it should be our house. It's awesome lol
Mom and I had to go to the bathroom and when we walked in I was like... uh wow. You have wooden stalls and tile bathroom. You also have a lady behind the sink wall that is doing laundry. As soon as we came out of the stalls, she rushes over to clean. I'm like whoa, were you supposed to wipe for me too?! So, we wash our hands and then...

I look around for an air dryer or towels, but nothing in site. I'm like does she pat down my hands too? But no, you go around the corner and a lovely towel rack is waiting for you. When you're done... drop in into the laundry bin for the poor lady to do. Pretty freaking awesome. So spoiled we were at this place. After dinner, it was back to the hotel to sleep and get ready for Jake's birthday and day 2 of competition.


August 19th - Happy Birthday Jake!

Jake roomed with Alex and we were able to talk him into sliding his room key under our door while they headed to morning workout. This way, we were able to decorate Jake's room before he got back! Yay!! What a great idea mom and thanks to Alex for his help!

Happy Birthday Jakers!

We've had this war going on in our family since oh... last year at Christmas? No. It had to be Halloween. Anyways, it was with mice, but since Jake has the collection now, we've started up with these lizards. We hid them in his room to help the 'decoration' out a little lol This is in his backpack.

Woo hoo!

Happy Birthday!



Birthday Pin. Didn't last til competition though :( lol
Really love our decor job! Go team! Ps. We filled his bed with the lizards hahaha

While I was decorating, mom hid lizards in the bathroom too.

Time to set out our gifts.


The scrapbook of San Fran images I gave to Jake!


Happy 20th!

Mom text Alex to tell him to be LOUD when they came out of the elevator so we knew when they were coming and we could follow them to the room. We wanted to see Jake's reaction. Alex did his job! We laughed so hard, he had no idea we were in the room. All he knew was we got the door, but when he walked in he laughed and told Alex thanks for giving them the key hahaha I think he liked it, but poor cleaning ladies!

He was getting ready for a nap before the competition and found a lizard. He and Alex discovered it sticks to the ceiling if you throw it hard enough... oh and they stay! Lol by 5 pm or so that night it was still hanging there, by a leg! Bahaha.
No competition photos this time, was too busy cheering and loosing my voice, but did get some awards shots.





Coach Mike yelled Happy Birthday while Jake was accepting his award. Got him to look over at us with a big smile! Awww... love this picture so much! Happy birthday brother!

Jake accepted the Sports man Award where he was selected by the gymnasts!


Made Senior National Team again! I think this is his 4th year on the team. Congratulations Jake! You are so amazing and we are so SO so proud!

Giving mom his flowers from Awards.

Team Jake group shot!
Family shot! We love you Jake.

Jake and the Nowaks!

Some kids from Sweden(?) came over to get an autograph from Jake.

Oh and of course a photo!

Jake and Kayla! <3


August 20th - Mall of America again!
Jake headed home early this morning and we had the entire day to hangout ... we didn't know what else to do, so we headed back to the mall on dad's suggestion! Yeah!! Only because he wanted a phone, but we weren't going to argue with him ;) 
Here we come Mall!

It is just HUGE!

Dad was seriously a millimeter away from this guys towing ... but dad said, He's in my spot! lol

Ready for some shopping! Mom and I have a lot of ground to cover today. We wanted to hit every floor. We had on our comfy shoes...


This and the image below go together. This is us standing on the 2nd level...
Looking from one end to the other. Lots of ground to cover. Check out the center!
When we were ready for lunch we called Dad. We were supposed to meet him at the food court, but he didn't show. He was busy buying a phone lol So mom and I waited...

and waited...

And waited...

See the people down there, we were watching for dad, but found it funny to see all the levels. 5. FIVE! The top floor where the theater is... that's the entertainment level mom and I decided. Lots of movies, bowling, comedy clubs, and other entertainment. Levels 2-4 were shopping, and the first floor is the aquarium that we did not go to because we had too many stores to shop!

While waiting as you can see, I was photographing the area and all the Lego's set up by the Lego store that was below us. This picture is for Zach.

The food court looks over into the middle of the mall... there are more stores behind all the toys! So crazy!! This is looking to the right...
The middle of the mall. Roller coasters, water rides, swings, tight rope, mini golf, and so many other activities!

The left of us. Seriously ... a theme park in the middle of the mall?! I want this mall in Denver haha
A cool lego piece that I saw and reminded me of Jake. Vroom Vroom!

Still waiting for dad lol






Grr...

Dad's still inside Microsoft. At this point we had already eaten and were getting ready to leave. We said sorry, but we've waited long enough and we're going to shop! lol
Then he decides to come out. Can you spot my dad?

Waiting for dad to come up to us...

Showing us his new phone...

Dad's a happy guy now lol

Couldn't decide which photo I liked better, but it is funny how all the escalators zig zag up the levels.

Dad heard there was a flight simulator. Mom and I signed him up and he had no idea what he was in for! Lol

Getting ready for his learning video.

Dad learning lol
Into the simulator!

Dad's ready for his flight! Love this shot.
Dad's tucked away inside for the next half hour.

He was flying a plane like these... the F-18's
While we were waiting for dad, we made his dog tags.

Very sneakily, took some photos of him flying.

I like this one.

And soon after that, his flight was over.
Dad struggled a bit. He didn't think he'd be thrown straight into combat like that lol he was hoping he'd get to fly by himself.

HAHA!

Crossing the Mississippi River back to the hotel.
Dad got a new phone.

Mom got new clothes and jewelry. (Mom was being silly and saying she feels like a butterfly! lol silly mom)

The flowers Jake gave mom.

Mom and her pretty flowers.

Then we decided let's go watch the last night of the girls competition. So we did.
Girls meet... guess how many attended?
Boys meet... guess how many attended? There were 3,000 for the men's competition and for women's... 15,000. That's 5x more people. Wow. I knew it was a big difference, but to actually get numbers. That's insane.

Meet's over and our time in here St. Paul has ended. Flight in the morning.

Mom and dad out front of the Xcel Building.

I think this is the Capital building?
More photos of the Xcel while we waited for Coach Mike.



Mom and I waiting some more. Who says the men always wait on the women... it's clearly the other way around.
Finally, off to the parking garage!



August 21st - Heading home.

Good morning and goodbye St. Paul.

Up early to head to the airport.
At the airport, after I was stopped by security for having 'too many electronics' when dad carries more than I do. I was a little more than irritated, but Mike and I enjoyed these signs. Well, I did lol I love these. Mike said he was really trying to bat his eyelashes! hahah


 I have also found these images... not sure what day they were taken exactly, but they're pretty funny. 





After the flight, Zach called into work (not called in, but called to tell them he was coming in late) that way he could pick me up :) I also had time to give him and the roomie their gifts! 
Gift Time!



Mmm... homemade jam (well made in Minnesota).


His favorite, Chocolate coins!

A funny shirt. Wait for it...

While Zach tried on his shirt, I added my new snow globe to the growing collection.

Tada! lol



Zach's postcard I sent from Chicago... too bad the one from Minnesota never made it :( 




Well guys, that's all I have for you today. Can you believe that I'm almost caught up! Heck yea... that way maybe I'll be able to get a few posts up while we're in Japan! Time to get back to work. I have a week and a half left here so it's time to get busy!!  Take care to all of you and enjoy your Wednesday!!!

xoxo




No comments: