Monday, September 19, 2011

Feeling Accomplished.

Yesterday was such a great day. I got so much accomplished and was able to watch the Cowboy vs 49er game which was important because it's a roomie rival game! I feel so great about how much I got done even with a few distractions. I'm hoping today will go the same way. I have a little less to do today, but will be doing a lot of research for my upcoming shoot. Start saying your prayers... I'm gunna need all the help I can get. Newborns are the hardest for me to shoot, but I'm hoping that 3rd time's the charm! Here are the other few things that I needed to catch up on...

I love being crafty and when I have time, I get completely submerged into it. Well a probably 3 or so weeks ago, Zach was playing none stop Xbox 360 which was fine by me as long as I had something to occupy mine day with. I'd had this idea for over a year and finally decided to conquer my fear of the sewing machine and make me some homemade skirts! I've made 5 for myself (the black one hasn't been photographed yet, I'm actually wearing it at the moment), made 3 for my momma, and I have just SOLD my first one! Woo! You can find them for sale in my Etsy store
The first skirt I made. Love it! I did one crazy fun print and the rest are solid colors.

This one is a great one too...

it has pockets... (pretty fancy huh?)

and the pink lining shows through the cream a little and really gives it a pop! Butters is such a model lol

A brown one that has a crackle texture.

And my FAVORITE of them all... olive green. So cute.

Did you know that I also figured out how to include tags? lol Fancy... I have another tag that I just designed too for the skirts that sell on Etsy.

Have you ever heard of Jewelmint? If not, you're in for a real treat. I first heard about Jewelmint a while ago in some of the magazines I love to buy at the store and well... I checked out their site, was like "eh, ok" and never thought much of it again. I heard about it a second time and blew it off, but by the 3rd time, I thought I've really got to try this out. So, I logged onto their site again and did the online style quiz. Some of the suggestions I didn't like, but after going through all of their products I was hooked! I found one piece that I could live without (images below). Jewelmint is an online monthly subscription website with jewelry designed by Kate Bosworth and Cher Coulter. Each month they release a new line of products and you have until the 5th of each month to either purchase a credit (product) or to 'skip the month.' I love that about this company. It's really a great thing and I think that this company will do really well in the future. It's greatly priced at $29.99 for EVERY item on their site. I just purchased my first jewelry piece from them this month and couldn't have been happier with my product! I am looking forward to what the next month will bring. Want to try it out?
Click here! If you sign up, please use this link. I'll receive free credits with your enrolling and then you can send your link out to your friends to receive free credits too! Don't wait too long... the most popular ones sell out and once it's gone... it's GONE!
Cher Coulter and Kate Bosworth are the designers for jewelmint

Come nicely shipped... Just got this package home! It was a great surprise... thought I was only getting bills that day

Right out of the bubble wrap. Already I'm impressed.

A little description of the product you purchased. Mine is called the Gatsby Bracelet. LOVE IT!

Look at how gorgeous it is!

Comes with one of the great flat clasps.

Full bracelet. When I first pulled it out, I wasn't sure about it, but as soon as I put it on... It was love.

Also included in your great box, is a nice little draw string velvet bag. Seriously, all this for $29.99. So far I am very very impressed with this company.

I love the box!!
My crazy hyper dog...Butters
She gets really anxious when she knows Zach should be home... well sometimes he's later than usual and well...

She goes nuts! She super barks at me and I have to chase her around and she eventually finds a toy.

She then rips the toy and pulls all its stuffing out. Poor toy.

But after all that and a huge mess of fluff... she's calm again and tries to wait patiently for her dad to come home.

I'm not sure if you remember, but a couple of months ago I was doing some volunteer work with a local Modern Ballet Company/School. Well, I had to wait for their new season to start to redeem the hours I had for some tickets to their shows and well... I finally got my chance! Friday night was their opening night and I was invited as a VIP member. We were the 3rd row middle seats! So awesome!! The show was FANTASTIC and I have been so blessed. Their a great group of people to work with and I have been invited back to work with them on at least two more projects. I haven't had the chance to work with professionals yet (I worked with their student company and their class kids), but I may get my chance to photograph their full dress rehersal for their next show! How excited!! Then I'll hopefully be coordinating with them on their Nutcracker event :) Woo! That one will be fun. Anywho, Zach had to work that night (and truthfully probably wouldn't have liked the show anyways) so I invited my girl, Anna! When we got to the event they had a table out with info about their classes and student company. Guess who's images were on those?! MINE! Check it out!
Didn't get a chance to get a photo before we left, so here we are when we returned!

me and anna!

Got to dress up a bit for the performance and had loads of compliments. I loved the outfit and wanted to share it with you. My dress had this big bow and in honor of going to the ballet, I pulled my hair into a high ballerina bun. I wore this thing cute red belt for a pop of color, and did you notice the bracelet?! It got it's first chance out of the house. Love it.

Also sported my princess cut diamond earrings that my parents gave me and a cute little ringlet.

Again, the high bun and cute belt.
The two flyers with my images on it.


This was my favorite image out of the entire shoot and I guess it was theirs too!

Saturday was National Gymnastics Day! USA Gymnastics and gyms across the US (including my parents) were attempting to break the world record and attempt the most handstands done at once. It was at 10am Reno time, 11am my time, noon my brothers time, and 1pm east coast time. I decided whether or not mine counts I'm going to do it and well here we are...
I needed a few warm ups since I haven't done a handstand in forever... 10 minutes until go time!

5 minutes til go time and I've got my handstand back!

WOO! 11am Here in Denver and I'm rockin' my handstand in our front yard in support of National Gymnastics Day.

Well guys, you are officially 100% caught up with our lives Here in Denver. Isn't that crazy. Finally... I'm sitting here thinking and creating a list of all the things I still have to do. I guess I should get off of here and get busy. I only have five more days until my 3 1/2 week trip begins, so nervous, stressed, and yet excited (more nervous though). Well, back to work I go. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and best wishes with the week ahead! Love you.

p.s. Did anyone attend the golf tourney? How did it go??

1 comment:

jason said...

No grass growing under your feet! :)