Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Baking a fancy cake is harder than I thought...

Today I began working on my final project for Fundamentals of Design. I'm supposed to pick a movie and design an item that would fit into that movie. I chose Because I Said So. I'm baking a 3 tiered wedding cake that will be pink polka dots with brown frosting. I thought this would be a fun project since I'll get to present and then eat it haha Here I was thinking it would literally be a piece of cake...boy was I wrong.


The beginning of Cake #2...


After a long day of baking and two burns, my freezer is full!!


Today was beautiful...it was almost 80* outside! I wish I would have got out more today, but I was busy baking cakes and doing some homework. Only Friday and Monday left and I'm on Spring break woo!!! 8 more days and I'll be home ... I'm very excited. Hope you all are doing well and I'm off to get some more homework done. Saturday and Sunday will be very busy studying for finals and finishing up the cake. I'll keep you posted and show the final result. I only hope I can make the cake look like what it does in my head =p

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments: