Saturday, July 19, 2008

First Week Back in School.

I've made it through the first week back to school! I've gotten tons of projects thrown at me already, but I'm not complaining because each one sparks an interest and I'm excited to be back in class learning about photography. My schedule is full of interesting classes and I think the time is just going to fly by even faster than the last quarter. The last couple of quarters the teachers give you a really strict guideline of what you're supposed to shoot. It all makes sense and I did well, but this quarter I get to have a LOT more freedom in what I shoot. They give a very open ended assignment and I get to use my creativity and do whatever I want! WOO!!! I'm so excited and have so many ideas going through my head. I only can pray that they'll turn out better than what is in there.
School has been great in a couple of ways; it gets me out of my house, I get to see my friends, learn about my future as a photographer while learning the skills necessary to get here, and I've been taking full loads so that I can graduate and get out into the real world! I'm tired of being in school. I want to have a fun job that lets me be creative and travel and I'm hoping to get my photos published in fashion magazines =] The only thing that has made me sad this week is the fact that I started with a group of really amazing people.
There was about 8 of us that all started together and we had almost every class together. So we've made a group and for the last 3 quarters we've been the corner crew. We lost one after the first quarter (Rachel) because she took a job as a photographer at the Air Force Academy and other than that we've pretty much remained and added a few others that we've come close with. Well I'm sad because I have all the credits from UNR that transfered here where as all the other students had nothing transfer and are starting over in a new profession. So, that means that I'm still in some classes with them and some 4th quarter classes that they're not in. I'm afraid that I'm going to pull away from them slowly and I wish I could graduate with that class, but on the other hand I'm very excited to be ahead.
Anyways...I hope that you all have a great weekend! I'm off to do some hw before Rachel comes over and then we're off to see Momma Mia. I love you all and I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!!

xoxo

No comments: