What a great start to my summer break...Yesterday after class I came home to Zach finishing yet another chair for our porch :) and shortly after we made dinner and watched a movie. I was able to sleep in a bit this morning and I headed up to the portfolio review. We had a few great ones! I can't believe that will be me in no time! AHHH!! It's exciting and yet so scary at the same time. After that, I headed home. I stopped for lunch and a browse around Barnes and Noble then went home for a nap. Yes, a nap!! lol It felt very nice and well now... I'm running around the house trying to figure out what to do with all this time. I've decided the house needs some cleaning, I want to sit on the porch and read, and it's about time I start some dinner.
Zachs new job is going really well. I'm proud of how quickly he's picked up the "tricks/techniques" and is performing just as well if not better than some of those who've been working for a while! It's nice to have him home again at night and he's happy to have 2 days off back to back. With that we're finally going to be able to go camping which makes both of us extremely happy!! We've decided that we're going to go this wednesday to the Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park. We'll camp for a night, hike, ride bikes through the forest, walk the small town of Estes (maybe shop?), and of course TONS of photos will be taken! :) I'm so excited if you can't tell...
With 11 days and counting I'll be home! Yay ... I look forward to seeing you all!
I'm headed off to make dinner, but before I go I'll leave you with a few more photos.
XoXo,
Jessi
These were in the portrait series of my friend Chelsea, this is her environmental portrait.



And for doing all the portraits, I've made her this sepiaesque tone photo. The photo itself is 11x14 and I've custom framed it for her in 16x20. I cut the matt and did all the other custom framing aspects. I was finally able to use my cool framing gun! Woo!! I'll be giving this to her next week when I see her for a hair cut :)

Here's the photo for better color ...

P.S. I'm a bit bummed that I wont have a lot of photos up over the 3 week break. I'm going to be shooting mostly film and will have no way of scanning them until school restarts...but I'll take some digitally for some instant results ;) Love you all and I hope that you're enjoying the beautiful weather we've been having! Can't wait to see you!
No comments:
Post a Comment