I expressed my concerns with my portfolio teacher and he told me that I still have plently of time to get work done and that it's more about quality not quantity. I have the foundation for a strong portfolio already (like 12-15 images already) and I'm constantly adding with these new ones so, he said just to get better and we'll make this quarter work. I was happy to hear that and it took a lot of weight off of my shoulders. I hope to keep getting better and finish strong with a few more shoots. Until then, here are the studio shots of the lacrosse player, Nate, from last weekend.
In each shot, I wanted to keep some element of lacrosse in it to help show that he was a lacrosse player. Some are a quicker read than others. This first one is of him juggling the lacrosse balls. This is one of my favorite shots of the day and it came to me in a dream lol Yes, I know that's weird. I something dream that I'm on a photoshoot and I not only take photos, but I literally pose the subject and take down equipment. Well, the night before this shoot I was trying to find ways to use the lacrosse equipment and how I could possibly pose him with it. I would wake up in the middle of the night and draw little diagrams and then go back to sleep and this juggling one was one of the dreams lol

These shots were fun because he looked like a business man you'd see on a bus sign or something lol this was my favorite. I like the added element of the helmet...
The cool gloves they wear. I like these shots. They're pretty simple and show how athletes are people too and not just people we see in magazines or on tv..jpg)

This is split lighting. I like this one because it is more dramatic...
This shot was taken with the giant strip boxes I made. I have begun a series of portraits like this of athletes to put into my portfolio. It is a contemporary lighting technique and I'm very fond of it. Especially after all that time put into make the strip boxes, but also because for future purposes it will show clients.
I hope you all stay safe and warm in that crazy mess of a place! I look forward to coming home again (even though I'm not quite sure when my next trip home will be). I love you all and hope your weekend went well. Stay warm... I know I am :)Jessi
No comments:
Post a Comment