Happy 2012!!
I am so thankful for all that this last year has brought. I was able to spend a lot of time with my family, traveled often (ventured to Chicago, St. Paul, and Tokyo), celebrated two big events (1 year anniversary of my graduation from AiC with my Bachelors and 4 years with Zachary), and was given the chance to sell my crafts in a local shop Here in Denver. It's been a very exciting year. Of course it had it's ups and downs, but it's all apart of the journey. I am so blessed!!
This year is going to be amazing! I can feel it deep in my bones... Zach left this morning for work with one thought on his mind, SAVE. It's time for him (well both of us) to start saving for our summer trip. We're planning a big family trip to London for the Summer Olympics!! I am so excited for Zach ... he's never been out of the country and well, mom and I are more than excited to be going back! I may not return this time ;) I'm charging full speed ahead with ideas on how to continue improving my business and to keep it growing. I think this year will bring many more great things (at least I hope so). My mom and I are planning our OU trips (our first one begins in 12 days. Mom and dad come here to watch Jake compete in his first NCAA meet of the 2012 season. It's held in Colorado Springs. Can't wait!) Let's see what else exciting is coming... Well, I can't think of much more than the meet season and Olympics, but I know Zach is looking forward to April. Snapping turtle season. Poor turtles... Zach says he's hunting 'em and gunna make him some turtle soup. I'll pass! lol Until then, he's just finished gathering all his goodies for camping and ice fishing. That should be fun. Hopefully he'll get to test his luck this Thursday!
Until then, I wanted to show you what we've been up to the last few days Here in Denver. We took our baby Butters to the dog park. We felt that it was a much needed thing for her to do and it was a lovely day. I took my GoPro (thanks Zach) and we were off. The videos aren't uploading onto the blog so I'll work on putting them together into a youtube video and share that with you later. The GoPro is awesome! I'm still learning how to work it, but more importantly what videos would you like to see come off of it? We also attached it to Butters and let her run around with it on one day while out on a walk... I'm thinking some white water rafting videos would be cool. Any ideas?
These photos are taken with the GoPro attached with a Chesty mount. It allows me to take photos while walking around and I'd say there are some really incredible photos. It was weird knowing that I was taking pictures, but not being able to see what I was getting lol It's like being back in the old school days of film. Weird!
 |
| Zach and I posing for the GoPro. |
 |
| Awesome shots. Butters was down running in the muddy water lol |
 |
| LOVE this shot! |
 |
| Too bad she wasn't in focus... she was a curious pup! lol |
These are taken with my point and shoot... got some cool shots on here as well!
 |
| The dirtiest we've ever seen her get lol She was one muddy mess!! |
 |
| me wearing the GoPro! I look Russian do I not? lol |
 |
| Detail shot. |
 |
| Pretty |
New Years Eve - New Years Day
It's New Years Eve and we've decided to venture downtown (yikes one way streets and no where to park). We made it safely and without too many problems lol only had to circle once before we found a place to park. We made it 25 minutes before our movie started so we stopped into Barnes and Noble to grab a few more Nicholas Sparks books to add to my collection (only 3 more to go and I've got them all!) Then we ran up the stairs to get tickets and goodies for the movie. We have perfect timing. As soon as we were in line for goodies, I glanced back and saw about a thousand (ok maybe 30) people waiting to get tickets! Phew!! We grabbed our goodies and went upstairs yet again to find our theater. We saw Sherlock Holmes. I love the movies and yet, can't seem to finish the books lol It's on my list ... I will read them... one day! Anyways, our main goal while we were downtown was to go to H&M. My parents got my a gift card!! I couldn't have been happier. I was so excited. I'd been waiting to go, but kept telling myself wait until after Christmas (one so I had money to shop for others on Christmas and two ... the crowds should have slowed down, however that was not the case lol).
It was packed and this place is HUGE! It's two stories... I tried to hurry out, but did manage to spend a good 45 minutes or so in there, but once I made my finals selections we were out! Couldn't have been more excited to be out in the cold haha Anyways, here I am in front of the store!
Happy almost New Year!
 |
| tuning into the special event! |
 |
| Mom, Dad, and I have been right there!! We saw the Lion King! How incredible... mom and I keep saying one day we'll go to NYC for New Years ... one day! |
 |
| Ball is dropping! Ahhh |
 |
| 22 Seconds! |
 |
| Confetti! |
 |
| Happy New Year!!! |
 |
| New Years kiss... I had to fight to stay up this long lol It was time to go to bed and Zach went back to his game. |
 |
| Zach noticed the cool moon outside. (better pic below) |
 |
| 40 years! Wow how awesome. |
 |
| Happy New Year Denver! |
 |
| Check out that moon!! |
 |
| We got home around 4pm from H&M and we popped in a movie and ate some dinner. By 7:30 I was out. Did some crocheting when I woke up. Did a great job starting the hat lol |
 |
| I woke up and was like dang... it's only 8pm! lol It was a rough day let me tell you. So I decided I would do my best to stay up. Reading probably wasn't the best idea, but I tried. |
 |
| After the New Year, Zach went back down to his game while I went to sleep. |
 |
| He loves this game lol |
 |
| However he does get angry when he dies lol |
And with that... Happy New Year! lol Zach's at work and I'm home working, but its about break time. Lunch and back to house chores and photo business... I hope you all had a wonderful one!
xoxo
P.s. What did you do?
No comments:
Post a Comment