Wednesday, December 28, 2011

More Christmas Stuff.

Today is garbage day and I spent a good twenty minutes rounding up all of our garbage from the holidays... not just the boxes and wrapping paper, but I also cleaned out the fridge. I always love doing that because it leaves us with a clean fridge, but also a nasty reminder that it's time to go food shopping yet again. We'll see what that actually happens because as of right now, I'm not feeling up to much. The last two days I have been laying in bed and maybe only accomplishing a few things. I keep debating whether to go to the doctor or not, but decided against it and just hope this passes quickly with enough rest. Zach was kind enough to bring home some Sprite and meds! Love you baby!

Anyways, I was archiving the images from Christmas when I found a few that haven't been published on here yet... they're from our Christmas Dinner! Yum!!
The Turkey was cooking and Butters found new favorite toys in her stocking!
She goes nuts for the green ball, but loves to tear the Santa up. He's stuffing is already spilling out around the house. Poor Santa.
My jumbo ring I found in the clearance at Forever 21. I know it's ridiculously huge, but it's awesome!

Thanks Scott and Susan for my cute new TOMS!

Thank you Kenny for my movie! Who's coming over for movie night ;)
Zach and his chocolate cigar hahah

Taking the first bite of the enormous rice krispie treat! We eventually cut it down and put them in baggies... it filled up 2 freezer bags. So delicious!
Alright, now to the dinner. Mashed potatoes ...

Rolls...
Steamed homegrown carrots from our little garden!

ham...

and Turkey! Mmm mmm

So good!
Loved our Christmas dinner!
 Silly animals! After dinner all of the animals were out to play!
Butters put Santa down long enough to beg for some ham.


Trick found his new favorite toy...

Lucky me it jingles and that's all I heard that night lol

Treat finally put down the fake mouse and posed for a photo. She's so cute!


I've also been doing a LOT of reading lately. I was looking through my shelf and found some Nicholas Sparks book my mom had let me borrow. I decided I would finally get around to reading them and once I started I was hooked. She let me borrow 3 and I ended up going and buying them so she could have hers, but of course I needed my own copies. So, when I got my shipment from Amazon I was in Heaven. I blew through the first 3 with ease and wanted more. I then realized that he had a new book releasing at the time and went out the day it came out to buy that one! Haha It didn't end there. I really was becoming obsessed and bought 3 more. I then realized how many books he had and was astonished! He has SEVENTEEN books! Yup. I owned 6. This is a problem. I need them all and when Christmas time started rolling around I knew just what to ask for. And I did. I am happy to say that I know own 12 out of the 17 and have already read once since Christmas. I'm currently reading another and can't wait to share that with you. So, how many of you like to read?? What have you been reading? What's next on your list?? Here's what I've been reading lately...
I remember seeing the movie first before I ever knew it was a book. I thought the movie was good, but then I read the book. It's not my favorite, but the power of love and faith truly moved me. I felt a connection to the book especially when things were off in my world. Grab some tissues ladies!

I just recently saw that this is going to be his newest book turned movie. It will be starring Zach Efron! Oh yeah you can bet your bottom dollar I will be in those theater seats hahah Anyways, I plan to reread this before it's released on April 20th. It's a really great story and what really drew me in was the way a photo can speak a thousand words and the power it can hold. I really recommend this one!!

Ah yes, we all know this one don't we? I'd have to say that this is one of my most loved love stories. I really do LOVE the movie as well, but seriously... it can't compare to the book. What movie can in all honesty? What most people don't know is that there is a sequel to the book. It's called the Wedding and it's great. I've read it, but it is one of the 5 I'm still missing. I love how well you get to know the characters and how they can withstand each test thrown their way through out their years together. It makes me think about true love differently and makes me believe that maybe two people can really be together forever.

Wasn't a huge fan of the movie until after reading the book. I just finished it (thank you Kayla!) I'm not a big Miley fan so it kind of bummed me out. I loved all his other stories, and then I decided I would read the book ... kind of had too if I was reading his entire collection lol Well, I cried and I laughed and I ended up loving this book more than I ever expected too. Again it teaches us about relationships, young long, and faith and those are things that I truly treasure and value in my life. I love that you get to see Ronnie (Miley) transform into the young women her parents raised her to be. I ended up feeling a stronger connection with her again because of real events in my life...

This was a movie I saw SO long ago with my parents. Again, I saw it before I really knew about Nicholas Sparks.  (Dad actually just this Christmas found out that Sparks wrote this too lol) I think more than anything this book sucks. Not because the story is horrible, but because how much it made me cry. I haven't lost a husband or wife to death, I haven't been divorced or left, but I connected with the anger and other emotions of a lost one. Sometimes, there just isn't a happy ending. Another one that will make you reach for the tissues. Keep a box handy!

One of his newest books and probably my favorite so far! It has a strong female lead and I was empowered by her strength. I rooted for her through her struggles and cheered when she succeeded! I will admit yet again that I cried during certain parts, but it was such a wonderful book and I will surely be reading this again. READ IT! It's a must. 

Oh my... this book. This is the newest book. The one I had to have the day it came out.  It definitely pulls at your heart strings...that's for sure. I'm sure we've all been placed in a similar situation at least once in our lives. It was a wonderful book and like most of Sparks' books, I wasn't totally satisfied with the ending. It leaves you sad and makes you reflect back on not only the book, but maybe events in your life. It is a really great read.

As the sun begins to set Here in Denver, I sit here thinking about what a wonderful holiday it has become. I hope you all enjoyed your holidays. (Thank you all again for the lovely gifts!) I can't believe that another year is coming to a close... it really just flew by. I can not wait to see what the New Year brings. So I'll ask, what are your plans for the New Year? We don't have any. I know sounds exciting huh? I'm sure we'll have a movie marathon with a giant bowl of popcorn and a fire. Now that sounds pretty good to me. (We have plenty of movies to choose from between goodies from Christmas and Blockbuster being back in full swing!) Oh and if you're in need of some great accessories for your New Year celebrations, be sure to check out my Etsy site!!



xoxo

No comments: