Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tokyo to Reno.

Alright guys, we're on the last blog post from Tokyo! Woo Hoo!! It was somewhat of a sad day. We weren't quite ready to leave Jake or looking forward to the long flight back home knowing that I too would head home, but as always... I had a countdown ready. It makes being a part a little bit easier knowing we'll be together again soon. It is hard to have so much distance between our family, but it also makes for one great get together!! Anyways, here we are on day 10 of our trip. It was time to pack up our things and get ready for our shuttle bus. To the airport we go!

My bags are packed!


One last look out of the window!

Mom and dad brought back breakfast. I tried to load up ... you never know when or what you'll eat haha

Mmm Mmm so good! Not sure I could live there... hardly any breakfast served. It's my favorite!

Ok I lied. I looked out the window a little more after I ate :)

Love this.


Mom and Dad still packing. Time to get my last few glances at our room.

Seriously... these toilets lol
Almost ready to go.



Curb side waiting for our bus to show up... time to begin our journey back to the airport.

The bus has arrive!
On the bus. We got some really great views and a little more site seeing done on the bus ride as we collected more passengers.



There's the cool building with all the satellites!




Passed Jake's hotel. We thought maybe we'd be luck enough to get him on our bus, but no :(


Finally got a cool shot of this building!


Wifi on the bus!
Loved the glass spiral staircase of this building.

Totally scored the best shot of the competition site! Dad and I had a who can get the best shot contest and I think I win ;) Pretty awesome!

Finally saw an ad with the famous guy that was announcing at the meet.

Crossing the river and I realized that the Emperors palace is in those gardens guarded by the moat ahha

You should enlarge this picture and check out all the people sitting in their offices by the window. Make me laugh.

We couldn't believe how many buildings are still going up even in this economic hard time.

We kept asking how the heck did they get the cranes up there? lol Poor elevators and people who have to dissemble and resemble these ...

A freeway we're on, the one next to us, and then there is one above and below. It got nuts!

Pretty views!

Disneyland!

Farm land... about an hour outside of Tokyo and almost to the airport.

Found the airport!

Waiting for our plane... we set down our bags with dad and went off to find food and souvenir shop some more.  You know to pass the time. Well guess who we ran into? Jake!


So we sat and chatted with him a bit before he had to go and not long after he left so did we! Cute family shot of us in Tokyo!

Brother and Sister!

And we're off!!!
Goodbye Island of Japan! Good bye Tokyo!!

Night flights make for a really great sunset!


Up and up we go!

San Fran here we come!

What was really weird was the sun was going down in Tokyo but as we kept going the sun was still up. Not once did we cross a night sky. So weird!

Hello Pacific Ocean.

Kinda hard to see but there are lots of fishing boats out!





After a while we pulled out some card games and I taught dad to play clue... that was funny! lol
Mom read her book!

Another light saver... this was dad's savior! lol

Sun was rising as we entered the U.S



Landed in San Fran. Time to go through customs, change plans, and head home. Let me tell you... we cut it very close with customs and getting bags, then rechecking bags and finally making our flight. We basically ran from baggage to our flight and only had 5 minutes to spare. PHEW!

On the flight to Reno. Smallest plane EVER!
Good bye San Fran!


Can you spot all the bridges? Alcatraz? TransAmerica building?? Pretty awesome!



Back home after being gone for about 2 weeks! One more night here and back to Denver I go.

We left with summer still there and came home to fall. By the time I made it to Denver I had 3 days of fall, then the leaves were gone and our first snow arrived. Dang it. Missed my favorite season!

So pretty!



Good bye Reno... until next time.

Back home in Denver and Jamie took me to Panda express. He said he didn't think I'd want it after eating lots of chinese food and what not, but this is still better hahah and I wanted more practice with my new chop sticks!

While unpacking the cats thought it was awesome to have new hiding places ...
Phew! Now that these Tokyo blogs are over, I can get to blogging my Christmas in Reno! I can't believe that it's Christmas Eve!! Zach's at work (should be home soon) and then I'm sure he'll be begging to open gifts just as he has for the last 3 weeks hahah I've finally finished all his homemade gifts that I've had a hard time working on since he's been home. I can't wait to Facetime with my family as they enjoy their Christmas morning and I know we'll check in on Zach's family as well. It's been such a great few weeks and I better take advantage of my time alone. Maybe I should nap since I'm sure I won't get any sleep tonight with Zachary keeping me up or waking me up at 2am haha

Back to reading by the fire I go. Thanks again Kayla for the wonderful books!! Miss all of you!

xoxo

Happy Christmas Eve!

No comments: