Today was a pretty eventful day however, I don't think people should have to be up before the sun. It's just not right. I was up at 5:30 to go to school...but after about an hour I was up and running and the silly girl I usually am. School went pretty much all day and I can't believe that we only have 3 more weeks of classes. And since I only go to school 2 days it's even better!! Woo hoo!! I'm so happy to be doing well in all of my classes and I hope to keep it up.
I'm very excited to be coming home to visit and it's constantly on my mind =] I hope I get to see everyone.
Another thing I've really been thinking about is how even the simplest things can give such joy. Even though I wasn't a happy camper getting up at 5:30 am the sunrise is sure pretty. The sun comes up as I'm heading into downtown and then I look out the windows in my class and its glistening on all of the buildings! It's breath taking!! Or how even a card or 2 second phone call from someone who just wants to let you know they care. I like to find things that some people tend to overlook. Some may say I'm easily amused or entertained like a child, but at least I know that I still have that inner child and I'm not ashamed. I also "radiate" energy to others. A kid in my class today told me that I was Jubilant Jessi because I'm never anything but cheerful with a big smile on my face. I'm glad that I can give off this kind of energy. I like to be pretty easy going and cheerful. What's wrong with that?! Sometime I think people are in too much of a hurry to enjoy the simple things in life. If you only live once, why would you waste all of your time earning material things that you can't appreciate, can't take with you in the end, and miss out on the precious time with friends and family? I've also spent some time at the Zoo or Botanical Gardens and it's just amazing. I spend over an hour and a half walking this little garden. I saw things that I think people would have missed, or don't even go in the winter because they're wont be any flowers blooming. It amazes me sometimes. I hope that one day they learn to slow down and re experience what it's like to be a child. And hopefully its before its too late.
The people here are amazing and have a ton of things to learn. I love meeting new people, hearing their views or experiences, and absorbing it all to help mold me into the person I want to be. I'm expanding my mind and I'm glad that I'm not too closed minded on subjects. It truly is amazing how many things you can learn from others, such as your peers, that your teachers just can't teach you. I've got this friend Rachel who worked on cruise ships, mentored with a great photographer, and done all sorts of things. There is NEVER a dull moment with her and even though I'm a "young en" she has kind of taken me under and I've learned quite a few things with her.
Every day is a new opportunity to learn something new and grow as a person. All day I've been thinking of how lucky (and thankful) I truly am to have such wonderful, supportive, and loving people surrounding me. I love that I've set a dream and a goal for myself and not once has anyone disappointed me or tried to stop me. I've been listing things in a journal made by The Secret of things I'm thankful for. The list grows and grows everyday and I appreciate all that each and everyone of you does. Even if its a simple prayer before bed =]
Speaking of The Secret...My mom suggested that I read it and she did make brother and I watch the movie. You know how teenagers are and don't want to do what parents say is best, but since having read the book things have changed, my attitude has changed. It wasn't easy to change the way I thought. I thought some parts of it were silly to believe in. But the overall concept of it, I liked. And I believe that it works. My "bad" days aren't even bad anymore. I've learned to accept it and say "hey that wasn't too great, but oh well" and I shrug it off and keep going. Because I know that if I stop and dwell on that one bad thing, then the whole rest of my day will go tumbling down. No one wants that. Life is great and I really enjoy being happy and knowing that attitudes and how you react to situations are pretty much the basis everything.
This blog has turned into more of my pensive thoughts, but it's exhilarating and would like to see where others stand on these situations. I also suggest, just as my mom did, to read The Secret.
Good night guys!
Xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment