Oh well, life goes on. I'm looking forward to my whole one week break from school. I'm planning on meeting my momma in Vegas for her State meet and then we're going to see the Lion King :) Then the rest of the week I'll just lay in bed, watch movies, and relax and hopefully kick whatever this is in the butt. I also look forward to next quarter because I've got a few ideas to start working on and just hope that the weather will continue to warm up and green will come around. That would be nice... I'm tired of the cold.
The boys are also getting ready for a trip to Reno. They're heading out next week (the week before my spring break) and have made a big fishing competition out of it! They're all talking smack to each other haha The boys here are also seeing how can outspend each other in fishing equipment because apparently whoever has more equipment gets the fish... it has nothing to do with talent hahah
Enough with the blah blah blah... Here are some photos from last weekends photo shoots...
Vin, Sonia, and Sabrina. They're the head coaches of CGI.




This is Stephen, Phoenix, Desi, and Lucy. Phoenix works at my gym as well as a preschool teacher and I coach her daughter Desi.


This is Kevin, Shauna, Emily, and Ethan. They too go to the gym. Shauna is a team coach and her daughter is on the team as well.


One of my all time favorite shots!
For the editorial series I'm working on... This is Lauren, however you probably know her by now. I use her pretty frequently.


This is Jorie.


And just today I got the feedback from my portfolio teacher Dave. I'm ecstatic at his reviews! He said that I'm going to pass both portfolio classes this quarter! He had his doubts because I was sick he didn't think I was going to make it... I had to have over 23 final images which is incredibly tough to do. Other kids only need 8-10. He also said that I have an eye for posing people well and a great sense for composition when it comes to portraiture :) which is nice to hear because at the beginning of the quarter he second guessed my choice of having a 2nd book for consumer portraiture, but he loves my stuff (which is posted above. He chose about 3 or more from each shoot). Dave also said that he is very proud at how far I've come this quarter and how amazing my work has gotten! Now, you guys don't really know Dave, but he is a bit of a hard ass and for him to give out just one compliment is rare so to get a whole lecture... WOW! I'm on cloud nine today and just feel so great about the way things are heading!This weekend I have 3 more shoots confirmed and one shoot hanging... I have a muscle/body shoot tomorrow for the editorial piece, then on Sunday I have a rugby player from the Glendale Raptors at 1pm and 20 dancers from 4-7 pm (we'll see how many actually show up). I'm stoked for both shoots because I've never had any of those and it will be a great addition to my portfolio! I'm REALLY excited for the dancers for a few reasons... I get a variety; modern, contemporary, jazz, hiphop, lyrical, and then... point BALLERINAS! And yes they will be in tutus! I've always wanted the chance to photograph one and haven't had the opportunity because the dance studios are union contracted or they would agree then wouldn't get back to me :( but now its all coming together! So excited.
Back to class. Enjoy the weather, I know I am :)
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment