I'm slightly disappointed. Yesterday didn't go as planned... I was scheduled to shoot a female lacrosse player that my portfolio teacher had set up. She seemed really cool and also goes to this school. She's just starting out in the program and along with photographing her and giving her free prints, I'm also supposed to give her 'guidance' and lighting techniques. Well, that would have been all find and dandy if she would have showed up.
We've had this planned for two weeks and a week in advanced I gave her a reminder and she said yes that she was still willing to do this. Yesterday morning, I called her to make sure she had the directions and was ready for the shoot and to see what her uniform looked like so I could put up the correct seamless... no answer. I called an hour before the shoot to see if we were still on ... no answer. Half and hour after the shoot was supposed to be going, I called to see if she was going to show... no answer.
Isn't that just lovely? So, instead of doing my shoot I went back upstairs and gathered the images I've been doing this quarter and decided to add them to the pdf mock portfolio I've been working on. I did that and I'm very proud of the outcome. I still have a long way and still need a variety of athletes to go, but it is looking great. (If you are interested let me know and I can email you a copy).
Other than that, I'm photographing my friend Anna tomorrow at 5pm, and two family shoots on Sunday. The following week I've got scheduled: the head coaches of our gym for the editorial piece I've been working on, a family shoot, and a red carpet piece for the editorial piece :) AND the final week that I can shoot before finals are due I have scheduled: dancers, a cheerleader for CU, and a rugby player for the Glendale Raptors :) That should be pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to it all and I'm hoping for a strong finish (just not the snow that's heading my way).
Off to class. Enjoy your weekend!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment