Yesterday I went to class, came home, and scanned in the NY rolls. I'm still trying to learn the scanner and it's capabilities, and so far it's ok. It's not scanning as well as the school (the scanner there is about $20,000) and the one I'm using was probably at one point $200ish. I don't expect to get the best results... I'm just happy to get them scanned in with decent quality to 1. back them up, 2. see them instantly and be able to print, and 3. to share with all of you.
Today I've scanned another roll in and still have 1 to go. I also have some previous negative that I've developed, but never scanned that I will try to get done today. What I have to share with you today is from Red Rocks. It's gorgeous there and this trip was Zach's first time out there. I'd been there before to hike around with friends and this time Zach and I took a 2 mile round trip hike. It was a great day. I'll try to get his images up too, however right now this is all I have to share.
Oh boy, this was from New Years! lol Shows you how old these are... We were sitting around our table playing phase 10 while waiting for the ball to drop. The boys were having a blast...
Red Rocks.

A few minutes before taking this photo we ran into 2 guys with the most amazing st bernard ever! Apparently he is a professional photographer and does all kinds of things including some video work for a guy I'd never heard of. Oh, and the 2nd guy was his assistant. The assistant had to carry the dog and camera lol I should have known then just how special he was! Ridiculous. He also said in his snooty accent that he hasn't seen anyone shoot with a medium format camera anymore, but does seem them sell for 'cheap' on ebay. Then he goes to tell Zach and I that we're shooting at the wrong time and how we should be doing this and that he shoots with a Canon 5D blah blah blah!!! I was furious! First of all, medium formats are THE camera to have in the fashion industry, it's used in editorial and advertising. Maybe not with film, but attached to a digital back it allow you to capture more information than any camera including his so special 5D. I had to walk away at that point before I hit him for thinking he's God's gift to Earth! AHHH ... I'm still upset with this man. haha.
I loved these rocks because the tall skinny one looks like a woman and I just had to photograph her lol
Most famous view of the Red Rocks :)
We both love this photo of him... it's probably one of my favorites I've taken of him.
He's standing under the GIANT red rocks. Doesn't he look just thrilled?! lol He didn't want anymore photos.
We had finally made it back to the car just as the sun was starting to go down. He had just gotten this car and was excited to take it for a 'little trip.' I then had to take a portrait of him with his car. Love it. (Zach had to cut my negative holder in the scanner so that we could get the whole negative. The tray is made for 6x6 format and my camera shoots 6x7 so that's why this is the only one not square. I was so excited!)
I am going to get back to scanning family photos and may put in another movie. I'm still not over this whole mono thing... it's kicking my butt and I just want it to go away so that I can get back to my normal self.Jessi
No comments:
Post a Comment