Saturday, November 29, 2008

Jack Frost.

Last night it began to snow and we were bummed because it then put a hamper on our hiking plans. We decided to wait it off and see what happens...well it didn't really stop snowing lol Regardless, it's light, but still it continued to snow off and on all night long and when I woke up for work, I peeked outside to find that I was no longer in the dry weather of Denver, but in a Winter Wonderland. I sat and stared out the window at how beautiful it was. Now, I'm not one for the snow (it has many downsides, you know when it gets your pants went, or your socks, or your snot freezes to your upper lip yeah none of those are fun) and yet I was begging Zach to go out and play with me. Jamie said we were on our own that he didn't want to deal with any of the not so fun things I mentioned earlier. So, after some lunch and bundling, Zach and I headed out to the park by the house.

We arrived and plotted out our area for building the perfect snowman. Zach jumped right to it and began rolling the bottom of our snowman. He rolled and rolled and rolled and then...his snow ball broke in half! He didn't think it was so funny which lead him to pick up one half and slam it ontop of the second half hahah He then started over on making the bottom of our perfect snowman.

After quite some time of him rolling this monsterous ball around this park ,we finally decided it was finished. Moments later Zach was off rolling the middle section and I was off making the head of our snowman. Once all three were completed we gathered them together and decided that the middle section was WAY to heavy to lift ontop of the bottom section so we had to slant the back of the bottom and make a ramp to roll the middle section up! How smart...good thinkin' Zach! Piece by piece the snowman came together. It was then time to accessorize.

After realizing that we didn't really think ahead and had forgotten all of our supplies at home, we had to make due with what mother nature has given us. And we did. We used my gloves for the eyes, Zachs hat, my scarf, Zach's gloves, sticks, and Zach's inhaler hahah (Zach says his inspiration for the snowman was his dad, Scott) After several photos with the snowman, Zach decided that if he didn't destroy it some monster kid would so ... He destroyed it himself and boy did he enjoy that!!!

I also shot several different panorama shots (several images stitched together) and after edititing those tomorrow I'll post them along with our christmas photos. We put up our Christmas tree today! It was very exciting and as of the moment, I'm the only one who's shopped and there's one present under the tree and several more to be wrapped! The spirit is definately alive in the house! Anyways, Here are the images from the park today...Enjoy!

Here we are rolling the bottom section of our snowman.

Here's just a pretty view at the park.

Still rolling that bottom seciton ...


Us taking a break from rolling.

Zach rolling before I decided to join ... it was more entertaining to watch him push that heavy thing and slip ahhaha

Here is is punching the bottom half when it broke!

Rolling the middle section.


After everything is said and done, Zach gave the snowman a big kiss!

Then we gave him a hug! ... we loved that snowman! And check out how big it is compared to the both of us! We rock for building a snowman bigger than the two of us! hahaha

Us posing again...

and again...


And here's snowman.

After the happy pictures, we made him an angry snowman who was ready to have a snowball fight...


And of course that requires him to have a snowball...and yes it was balanced there without us holding it! Bonus points to us.

Later Zach climbed up the back to show how accomplished he felt.


Now in case any of you get into this situation, Here's step by step photos on how to defeat the abominable snowman.

1. You take him into a choke hold.

2. Twist head towards to your body forcefully.

3. Continue to twist until you break the neck.

4. Grab under his first section with both hands.

5. Begin pulling his head upwards.

6. Completely pull off his head.

7. Throw the head to the ground.

8. Make sure to follow through to avoid throwing out your shoulder.

9. Congratulations! You've now defeated the abominable snowman!! Yaaaay!

Snowmans poor squashed face and Zach head slammed him into the ground.

And we couldn't help but putting the squashed head back onto the snowman.


I'll leave you with these photos. Zach's now going to 'attempt' to knock down the rest of the snowman.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha that was funny :p