Wednesday, April 13, 2011

MPSF.

It all started on April 1st. We were supposed to pick my parents up at 4:30ish and I get a call around 1pm saying that they've been delayed for 4 hours. Here I was thinking that they're playing an April fools joke on me so me being the smarty pants, I headed upstairs to check their status online. Come to find out, they weren't pranking us lol And we had to wait until 9pm to pick them up. Zach and I had finished all the cleaning and didn't know what to do with the rest of the day. We decided to head outside and try to enjoy the first nice day in a while. Which leads to the photo below... Zach playing with Butters while I sat at the table and laughed!

Later, Zach and I headed to the airport to pick up my parents. We went to the spot to greet my parents as they came out of the terminals, but instead Zach came up with this brilliant plan. We decided that since it was April fools and we didn't play a prank on anyone yet, that we would prank my parents. So we headed to baggage claim to grab my parents bags before they could! We took their bags and ran to some seats far enough away they wouldn't see us, but we could spy on them. But it ended up not being as funny because my dad likes to be the last one off the plane, then they stopped at the Southwest booth, and then finally FINALLY made it to baggage claim. Mom noticed right away that their bags weren't there and went to ask the attendant. At that point Zach started to freak out saying we were going to get in trouble and we had to GO now to mom so that we didn't get tackled by security hahah So we headed towards my mom. In the mean time, Dad was still walking round and round the baggage claim searching for his bag hahahahahh It was funny to watch. But finally we reached my mom and all was over with some laughs. We headed home to a wonderful dinner that Zach prepared. This is a moment that I will treasure forever. It was one of the funniest dinners ever!
Zach and I had to wake up earlier than I EVER like to get up (6:45am) to take Jamie to the airport. When I came home I made breakfast for everyone and it was then that we had to get ready for the days big event. Jake was competing and I had my first paid gig from the Sooners. Zach decided to stay home with Butters, so the parents and I headed to Castle Rock for lunch in our usual... Red Robin!

Here is a link to images posted on my facebook fan page...
Facebook images.

Here is where the Sooner's posted my images in an online gallery. (click the link below and follow the photo steps to get to the gallery)
1. Click the link. Then go to sports and find men's gymnastics.
Click on the camera icon to the right of the main image.
Find Men's Gymnastics under the sports and click 2010-2011
Click on this Gallery to view 10 of my images from the competition!
Click here to get to soonersports.com!
Online gallery here.

The next day we headed back to Castle Rock to go shopping at the Outlets mall. When we were finished it was 34* and snowing. OH joy! not... But as we drove on the on rap to get back on the freeway, I see this big yellow thing zip past us. I was like what and then it donned on me that it was the wienermobil! AHHHHH How crazy hahah I started yelling it and mom said hurry catch it! So I raced up the hill to catch up with him, mom rolled down her window and we snapped several photos! The man in the passenger seat waved and laughed at us, because we drove up next to him about 3 times lol It was hilarious!
Dad noticed his license place says RELSME (I think that's how it's spelled... as you can see the weather wasn't on our side)

After taking mom and dad to the airport, I walked into their room to find Treat sleeping on their bed... aww she misses them lol
And the next day (Tuesday the 5th) Jamie came back into town and I was to pick him up again. He got in around 11:30 so Zach and Butters went with me to pick up roomie. But earlier that day, I was busy baking Jamie's birthday cake. Needless to say, it was nonstop issues with this cake, but I loved the results!

First problem was, I didn't grease the pan. I was so excited to bake the cake I wasn't thinking clearly so it was difficult to get out of the pan, but I did it. Phew!
I had issues making the frosting black for the eyes, but again... It worked out after some fussing and a mild temper tantrum.
Then another problem... I ran out of red food coloring and couldn't finish. So I went back to the store and had to buy food coloring. Yay for a $4 one item transaction... lame.
And well finally I was able to finish! He ended up being more of a pink than a red :( But it's ok. He was delicious!
Waiting for Jamie's arrival to light the candles and dig in.
Happy Birthday to Jamie!
Took me longer to light the candles than it should ever take and in 5 seconds they were out.
Jamie wanted his nose while I got an eye. It then left poor elmo a cyclops! BAHAHAHAH!!
No other big events were going on after all that... But here are some photos from around the house.

Butters napping...
Treat still hiding in mom and dad's room... bet you can't find her lol
Zach and Butters napping...
And then! I arrived my boxes for NCAA! I was asked to make the senior gifts! I am soooooo excited! It was like Christmas to receive all the boxes and the worst part was, I had to leave it all alone. I can't finish putting them together until I make it to Ohio. So until then here's what arrived at my house.
The posters.
and the boxes :)

This was the thank you I sent to the media man of the Sooners. The CD of images and a pad of post its! How nice lol
Another exciting thing happened this week. I made my first Etsy sale. I've opened up a shop online to put all my handmade items on for sale. I haven't had much luck with it yet and just when I was ready to give up, I got a sale! Here's what sold! Click the link under the photo to view my shop!
Click here for Jessi's Etsy Shop.

Again Butters napping ... I thought this was hilarious! She does the goofiest poses!
Two nights ago... we were getting ready for bed and when I was done brushing my teeth, I found Butters laying in my spot! What the heck... she's such a bed hog!
Close up shot
But such a good cuddler! And no she didn't move ... she just slept on my head all night. Not so comfy for me lol
As for today, I've been doing last minute packing and still not feeling well. I hope the plane ride doesn't make me worse. Today has been the best day out of 3 and don't want to feel sick for NCAA! I will keep you all posted when I return with news and information from our trip! It's a race to Ohio for the parents and I. Jake's already there... Love you all!

BOOMER SOONER!

No comments: