Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where the real work begins...

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend... I finally have internet again and I am excited to share some things with you! First off, I'm back home. I got back in (after an hour and a half delay in Phoenix) Sunday night. Zach tricked me and ended up having the day off and was able to pick me up at the airport! I loved that... however I hated how sick I was after the long day of travel. As soon as we got home, I unloaded the car, unpacked my bags, sorted the LOADS of laundry I had to do in the morning, got ready for bed, then did some editing to be sure I got the images to USA Gymnastics by the Monday deadline. This put my bedtime around 1:30 am and at that point I could no longer keep my eyes open and I crashed.

Monday - I got up and got straight to editing. I really wanted to make sure that I got the images in on time so that I could get published in the magazine and wherever else they wanted to use the images. (If I see any of it out there, I'll be sure to post it here!) It was a good thing I got straight to work because around 4 pm that day the internet and tv went out! BOO! So it left me no choice, but to edit while I watched movies. It was kind of nice. I usually get distracted and play of Facebook for a bit or two then return to editing, but it was nice to focus strictly on photos.

Tuesday - My goal for the day was to finish editing images from night one's competition and to get them uploaded, however that made it impossible because I still didn't have internet. No worries, tv came back on last night lol I spent all day yesterday editing and was glad to be finished when Zach got home at 7:30 pm. We then took the dog for a walk... got rained on, but was also able to enjoy the beautiful rainbow, the thunder, and the smell of rain! When we got back home, we made dinner and put in The Social Network. What a great movie!


Today - Woke up early thanks to the dog... she really had to pee! We sat on the coach watching tv for a bit before we finally decided to do some dishes and make breakfast. Then we took Butters for a little walk and when I came home, I showered and got ready for another full day of editing! I'm currently working on Night two of competition from the NCAA while I watch the Rockies game against the Giants. Wish I was really at the game, but it's so great to have baseball starting! I can't wait to go to a few games. I LOVE the baseball atmosphere almost as much as I love gymnastics! I am still on a crazy high from the weekend. I can't believe that I had the opportunity to photograph at a Collegiate National Championship... Did I mention that it will be televised? Yes, tomorrow (April 21) on ESPN2 at 1:30 E.T (I think that makes it 10:30 am Reno time). Very excited to watch it.

I should get back to editing now, but I'll leave you with a link to the images from night one. Enjoy!

Click here

No comments: