Here's the start of the project. This is wall #1 all taped up and ready to go!
Then came wall #2. This wall was by far the most difficult. It's above the bathtub meaning that I had to stand straddling the tub as I tried to tape and paint this bad boy... at one point (because I'm not quite tall enough to reach the top without struggling) I did fall and the roller fresh with paint went straight onto the screen of my little window LOL oops!
Wall #2 without it's tape :) All dried and I'm already loving the vibe!
Pulled the shower curtain back into place to get a feel of what a completed wall looks like! Oooo!
Wall #3 has been taped at painted at this point... and I've run out of tape for wall #4 which left me to peel from one wall and reuse it for this wall hahah At least it wasn't the paint. It's a custom color and I'd hate it if it came out differently the second time around.
Wall 2 again, but this time with a vertical shot. I can't get over how amazing it was turning out! Thank you momma for being a HUGE role in creating this to die for room!
Here's the third wall finally all dried and no tape.
Finished 4th wall and part of the first...
The finished piece! LOVE IT!!
Looking back into my room from the bathroom. That was wall #1. I do still have some touching up to do, but hey, not too shabby!
Detail shot of the mirror/sink/vanity area.
Kitty in the sink... lol Silly Treat!
Cute little basket of soaps and bath salt that Susan made for me! A nice little addition to the decorations (which are yet to be completed... I'm working on it though!)
The toilet area... see I have brown towels from when the room was pink and brown. It's since turned into a pink and black room and I need to redecorate. I also plan to put either pictures or a shelf with cute boxes above the toilet.
An overall shot of that corner of the room...
What do you guys think? I just love it and it's making it super hard to think of one day I'll probably leave all this behind. I can't stand the thought of that. All the time it took to put into the painting and making it home... I'm not sure I want to leave this gorgeous room ever hhaha I'll be here for at least another 5 years probably... maybe I'll change my mind about it by then.The last two days have been a bit slower (thankfully). I've had to catch up on emails and some paper work and get things ready to ship to clients. I'm ready for the next trip and only have 4 more days before I leave. I've been hired to work the NCAA meet for the Sooners! I've got a floor media pass for all three sessions and am beyond stoked! It will be a TON of editing however, but it's always a great time and I can't wait to see those boys compete. They've trained all year and deserve to win. They're headed into this meet 15-1. They placed 2nd at the MPSF Championships (the meet held here in Colorado Springs) on April 2nd. Until then there were undefeated. I hope that they have gone home, trained hard, and have a fire inside them to take to NCAA and WIN!
Other than that, I'm trying to enjoy the sunshine. Yesterday was an amazing 73* and I was able to wear kapris tights and a tshirt! A TSHIRT! It was beautiful. I took a walk with the dog, then sat outside with her for a good hour or so just soaking in the sun. Then we had to go to Wally World (I did enjoy the drive there and back) to get food, because we had zilch! Today, not sure what's in store. Zach's downstairs on the phone, I'm assuming Jamie's in his room sleeping, and well here I am. I'm dressed and ready to go, with no where to go lol The weather isn't supposed to be as great today. I'm still dressed like yesterday and pray for some more sunshine. I think maybe if it ends up raining I'll go to our cheap theater and see a movie or two... or maybe I'll run to Michaels, take advantage of their huge sale, and stay inside and make some things :) I'm feeling crafty today! (just finished another beanie last night! guess I'll have to save it til this winter if the weather keeps up!)
I hope you all enjoy your day! Love you!
* Coming soon... family and Jake's MPSF conference, Jamie's 30 sec birthday, NCAA!
No comments:
Post a Comment