Monday, June 13, 2011

The first few days...

Drop zach off, run errands, pack, load car, pick up Zach, hit the road. That was my Wednesday. Crazy huh? Well it got even more difficult. We drove to Rock Springs looking to get a hotel room at like 10pm and well... warm weather = oil riggers and NO hotel rooms. We tried every hotel and each one was booked! I couldn't believe it. So we called my dad, had him call ahead to Evanston and luckily we were able to drive another hour and get a room. By like 2am we were checked in, unloaded, showered, and headed to bed. Didn't get much sleep however... our lovely dog decided to to be on watch and woke us up every so often. Made waking up extremely difficult, but we managed to be up and out of there by 11ish. Made it to Fernley by 7pm and had a wonderful dinner with Scott and Susan. I stayed in Fernley that night, but headed in the next morning to have lunch with my mom and Zach. I'll leave the story there and let images doing the talking.

One step closer...
Welcome to Wyoming!
We decided it would be much easier to travel these roads at night... the sun was so bright and made driving difficult.
But it made for a beautiful sunset.
Welcome to Nevada!
Pee time...
The first night I stayed at Zach's at the next morning, Chase (his nephew) came running into the room and jumped on us bright and early at 7am lol They then got up and instantly began playing around. After a little bit of cars, the boys decided to play mario cart. Here are some cute images I got.
Chase thought it was hilarious that he killed Zach over and over and over haha

His lil feet


They were really into the game... too cute!
My first day in Reno, Zach and I had lunch with my mom, then we had to run errands. I went home and made signs to hold up at the airport the next day when we picked up Jake and Kayla. Here we are holding up the awesome signs!

Saturday, Jake and Kayla showed off their mad skills at my parents gym. The had their annual Super Circus where kids get to show off their tricks to family, friends, and grandparents, etc. Jake and Kayla made quite an impression on the kids! I didn't get any really good photos, but here's a few I did get.

Warm up
Kayla getting ready to tumble...
Jake on rings.

Sunday was a day or R&R (rest and relaxation lol). We layed in the sun, played in the pool, and ate lots of good food. Then when the sun went down, it was time for a fire and more food. Check it out!
The best company :)Kayla has the best technique for making a very delicious smore! I have never seen a marshmellow get so bIG!

Seriously, what a wonderful night. Zach finally got in town and was able to enjoy the last of the fire. We all hit the sack and were ready for our road trip to San Fran!

This morning we were off to San Fran. Stay tuned for images from our trip! We've already been to Coit Tower, Pier 39, and were able to snap a few photos of the Golden Gate, Alcatraz, and the "crookedest street"

No comments: